Clutch??? What do you think

daveflynn

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my 3.2 A3 back from dealer.

Previous to this it had started to make a little noise, then a worying noise then a great big juddering ****** noise when accelerating, but only 3rd to 6th

I thought it was the clutch, revs seem to rise with juddering as if clutch not engaging properly

Got went to dealer, dealer has apparently remaped ECU and now it doesn't do it. Dealer says that there has been a problem with the low end torque and the clutch "jumping"

Now have car back, seems normal (although 2 days of driving a 2.0 A4 and I forgot how mental the car is)

Any thoughts??

My gut worry is that they had handicapped the car at low revs so it doesnt do it anymore (but I don't think its noticable) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW if your dealer is unable to get you one of their cars when you have a problem under warranty, ring the AUDI/RAC people and they will collect you car and hire you a spare whilst it is fixed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

A bit more to the story

The day after It came back it did exactly the same, the original problem.

Car now back at dealer, waiting for response

Update

The dealer phoned me today to say that they had not experienced this problem before so were stumped. They are waiting for Audi Tech to tell them what to do. He thinks it is a gearbox out job. (BTW it's a manual)

So stuck with the 2.0 A4 which is not at all fun to drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

More...

The dealer put in a new clutch as mine was "badly worn"

They then took the car out and guess what it was WORSE!

they now are going to put a new gearbox in it to see if that works.

Waiting for one from Germany

Will have taken 3 weeks to fix it

Grumpy and sad without car, no adrenaline fix, might have to take up base jumping although no time as it takes me ages to get to work now (country lanes big lorries, slow car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif)

Result

Now have car back

Is fixed

New gearbox, and a new clutch heh heh heh

No fiscal soluition to the problem from my part either, just was handed the keys and said there you go.

Happy now

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I seriously hope that this isn't the same problem as I've got! My noise starts at 45mph onwards so 3rd upwards! And the Audi Assist guy did say it could be diff related! but I haven't had any or much juddering. I hope mine is just the wheel bearing or something..!