Car juddering for 30 seconds when driving engine warning light comes on.

Vanessa

Reaction score
I have just bought an Audi 3 2008 Cabriolet.

When I test drove it the engine warning light came on. The garage I bought it off said they would make sure this was sorted.

I picked it up last Thursday an all was fine. I have drove it around since Thursday and all was fine. Last night the rear fog light warning light came on to say it had gone, it was raining so
I could only check it this morning. I had to nip out this morning, before I had time to change the bulb. I drove the car for about 2 mins when it started juddering and after about 3O seconds it cleared and the, engine warning light started flashing. Car then drove fine

I stopped turned the engine off and restarted it, the same happened again, the warning light was off at startup, after a few seconds engine started to judder, car stopped juddering then warning light started flashing again.

I did did notice first thing this morning on tick over there was a rattling sound from under the bonnet, I could not see anything I. Inspection. The noise only seemed to be there when the clutch was pressed in but not in gear. This stopped once I had driven the car.

Please can anyone help. I am feeling like I have been taken for a ride by the garage.

Vanessa

Last edited:
Back to the garage, the car has logged a fault which needs rectified.

Yep they need to diagnose the problem! Where are you, someone might be local with vcds to scan it before hand so the garage don't lie to you.

Reactions: Mikemc