EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Ryan1985's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    57

    Cobra tracking system

    Because I bought an ex demo car, Audi failed to tell me that the car has a Cobra tracking system fitted... This was only notified to me by cobra calling me randomly 2 weeks ago saying they received details from Audi that I own the car and wish to pay an annual fee of £297 for the tracker service to be activated.... I called up my insurance (Admiral) and ask them if my insurance would go down if I activate the tracker... There answer is no.... No discount will be made.... What? Which was my reaction as if this car was to be stolen.... It would be recovered easily without insurance paying me thousands in a claim.... So I am now debating to take the tracker out and sell it as I've been told its worth £300.... What you guys think?
    Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sport

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Ron burgundy's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1985 View Post
    Because I bought an ex demo car, Audi failed to tell me that the car has a Cobra tracking system fitted... This was only notified to me by cobra calling me randomly 2 weeks ago saying they received details from Audi that I own the car and wish to pay an annual fee of £297 for the tracker service to be activated.... I called up my insurance (Admiral) and ask them if my insurance would go down if I activate the tracker... There answer is no.... No discount will be made.... What? Which was my reaction as if this car was to be stolen.... It would be recovered easily without insurance paying me thousands in a claim.... So I am now debating to take the tracker out and sell it as I've been told its worth £300.... What you guys think?
    Trackers are not that hard to get around these days .
    Some people deserve to have eggs thrown at them....brick shaped eggs...made out of brick.

    Grilled Haloumi....mmmmm

  4. #3
    Ryan1985's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    57
    By the time the car has even moved/entered I receive a phone call... I just can't justify the cost of £297 per year aswell as my insurance with no discount to compensate the costs
    Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sport

  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,837
    Would you really want a car back that's been driven by scum?

  6. #5
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    571

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    When i added a tracker to an admiral/elephant quotes it went up loads, same thing happened when i said it was in a garage as opposed to on the drive, and then it went even lower when i tell them its kept on the road… so to sum up: a high risk performance vehicle kept on the road without a tracker = a much cheaper insurance premium..? What????
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  7. #6
    Ryan1985's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-S3 View Post
    When i added a tracker to an admiral/elephant quotes it went up loads, same thing happened when i said it was in a garage as opposed to on the drive, and then it went even lower when i tell them its kept on the road… so to sum up: a high risk performance vehicle kept on the road without a tracker = a much cheaper insurance premium..? What????
    Exactly my point...... This country is so backwards
    Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sport

  8. #7
    Ryan1985's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    Would you really want a car back that's been driven by scum?
    Honestly buddy, no as you don't know what they have done with it... But if they called me before they could start it.... I'd be making sure i catch the scum... If you know what I mean mwhaha
    Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sport

  9. #8
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    571

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    I don't think people don't tend to rob performance cars solely to wreck them, they're usually stolen to order then taken over seas or stripped down for parts etc so its generally within the theirs interests to keep it in good condition to get the most for it selling it on… Yes they'll probably hoon it to the nearest port, but then thats how these cars are supposedly to be driven… subject to a correct warm up procedure!

    Its a different story however if they end up in a police chase, then they won't give a c**p about the car, more about getting away id imagine!
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  10. #9
    93T
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    23
    Yes it's madness I was going to get the cobra trak 5 fitted £1000 including activation started ringing round for insurance quotes none off them would discount for having it fitted absolute madness

  11. #10
    mechanic69's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    406
    I got the same response from my insurance as I was going to get the ex demo activated. This country is mad wouldn't it be better to retrieve the car rather than pay for a replacement??
    S3 - Sprint Blue BE [MY11] My Build Thread
    Options - Satnav, Bluetooth, MFSW, Privacy Glass, Nappa Leather
    Mods - Bluefin Stage 1, DV+, Revo Race CIA, Cruise, TPMS, Bilstein B8s, Eibach Pro Kit, H&M Spacers, Exclusive Leather Trims
    Future - Downpipe sports CAT, HPFP, Stage 2+/3, Brakes, ALK, ARB, Hybrid turbo, 2nd Mortgage

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. A3 2.0 tdi 140 cobra cat back system
    By A3 2.0 tdi sport in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28th November 2013, 09:31
  2. Audi S3 8P New Cobra Sport Exhaust Systems - FREE FITTING
    By GNJ_Motorsport in forum GNJ Motorsport
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th July 2013, 16:27
  3. car tracking systems
    By saxonblue in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18th February 2012, 20:24
  4. Donnington Track Day
    By Joshie in forum Major UK Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27th February 2003, 19:07
  5. Tracking Systems
    By Jack829 in forum General Technical / How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th February 2003, 11:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO