BIT MORE GRUNT FROM MY S3.........ADVICE NEEDED

shortfletch11

Reaction score
Hi ya'll,

I currently have an 06 S3 8P, pretty standard where the engine is concerned as I didn't want to risk invalidating my Audi Warranty which has just run out.

Anyway......there's an A3 near me which I think is the 3.2 V6 and it sounds unreal. The grunt it makes on acceleration is awesome, and seems to be more than just a modded exhaust. I don't know the guy and have only seen him passing whilst out walking the dogs, so can't ask him what mods he has done, but wondered what mods i could make to give my S3 more of a grunt as oppose to just buying an exhaust and sounding a but chavvy if that makes sense?

Would it just be down to the fact its the 3.2 V6 or could it be a replacement intake system, turbo etc?

cheers for reading.

shortfletch11

Unless you want to go further with an exhaust, intake, fuel pump and go stage 2+ but stage 1 should see about 300-310bhp.

Exhaust and intake are your options really. Plenty to choose from.. BCS make boost controlled variable tone exahust.. nice and stock when your not pressing on and when you hit boost it opens up with a nice burble. Some intakes are louder than other but with a good intake you get DV noise and a lovely induction noise and turbo spool.

You cannot however make a 2.0 turbo 4 cyl sound like a v6 if that's what your after.

Exhaust and intake are your options really. Plenty to choose from.. BCS make boost controlled variable tone exahust.. nice and stock when your not pressing on and when you hit boost it opens up with a nice burble. Some intakes are louder than other but with a good intake you get DV noise and a lovely induction noise and turbo spool.

You cannot however make a 2.0 turbo 4 cyl sound like a v6 if that's what your after.

Sound advice there pal, cheers. any ideas on rough cost of the above?

and yea, if only i could!

Reactions: S3_Mat
Intake 200 - 400
Full exhaust 900-1200 depending on brand, options and cat/de-cat
If its just noise you want then maybe a Cat back system for 350 - 500ish something around that would be the better option for you.