Audi Rs3 brakes...what pads to go for?

Kris_fenwick

Reaction score
I'm after some new pads for my rs3 brake setup. Anyone recommend any? I wanted the ferodo ds2500 but not paying £200 for a set! I've read good things about ebc yellow stuff which are £100 also some brembo pads with anti squeal for £130.

im driving to Germany soon so will be on the Nurburgring so wanting something decent for fast road use.

cheers

kris

Kris.

You've bought a good brake kit and you do need good pads to go with it.

I've tried some of EBCs pads and whilst some swear by them I thought they were no better than stock Audi pads.

The DS2500s are a good road going pad and quite honestly if you're going to put the car around somewhere long and fast you want brakes you can trust,not the cheapest you can find.

I use Mintex 1155 pads on mine which would probably be a bit aggressive but are even better than the DS2500s which I've also used.

I had EBC Yellow in my Subaru. I was not really awed by them tbh. I would not buy them again. I don't think they would be any good at all for the Ring. You would do better with the above two suggestions. Mintex or DS2500.
Besides, you would need the EBC Blues as a minimum for that kind of a drive.

Reactions: S3Alex
Even £200 isn't that expensive tbh, you bought an expensive kit, so unfortunately fella it costs a fair bit to run them reliably aswell, so splash the cash :p

Reactions: S3Alex
Put this another way....

These are your brakes your talking about,and you want to take the car around one of the most notorious circuits,and to be sure you're going to stop before reaching the scenery.

Don't pinch on the pads,when you've spent good money on the calipers and discs.

That's 3 of us saying the same thing now.

Reactions: NHN
Ferodo ds2500s it is then.

I think it's worth it.

I'd used these for a good while with a big brake kit on my car,and they offer good initial bite,and not too much fade on track,which is what you're going to want.

The S3 is a fairly porky car and needs some decent stopping power....what sort of power is yours running,and what suspension?

I think it's worth it.

I'd used these for a good while with a big brake kit on my car,and they offer good initial bite,and not too much fade on track,which is what you're going to want.

The S3 is a fairly porky car and needs some decent stopping power....what sort of power is yours running,and what suspension?

I have h&r springs and it's just standard power. Gonna sort a performance clutch and stage 2+ when I get back from Germany.

Waiting for my new tyres to be delivered too, went for Goodyear eagle asymmetric 2s

I've read that the Brembo HP2000 compound is even better than DS2500, this was what Brembo stated when asked about the Brembo sport pad vs DS2500 --

� INITIAL BITE ++
� RESISTANCE TO FADING =
� AVERAGE FRICTION LEVEL +
� MODULATION +
� FRICTION CONSISTANCY =
� PAD WEAR +++
� HEAT CONDUCTIVITY =
� COMPRESSIBILITY -
� COMFORT (NOISE) +++
� EASE OF BEDDING +++
� RESISTANCE TO FADE =
� LOW BRAKE DUST LEVEL +++

Tested to the highest levels on the track with decelerations from 270kph (168mph) the HP2000 material is capable of operating in the most demanding conditions.
Brembo tell us 'this pad has the performance of the Ferodo DS Performance pad, but with improved cold bite'
With excellent cold performance & bite, high resistance to fade, frictional stability throughout all operating conditions, reduced pad & disc wear and low dust levels, the all new HP2000 friction material offers significant advantages over its rivals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kris_fenwick
Ds3000's would be my choice. Quite aggressive but hell of a pad! My next choice!

I have h&r springs and it's just standard power. Gonna sort a performance clutch and stage 2+ when I get back from Germany.

Waiting for my new tyres to be delivered too, went for Goodyear eagle asymmetric 2s

OK....sounds very sensible,rather than maximum attack on a soft setup.

My own feelings about the S3 are that even with uprated springs,it's quite wobbly when pushed hard,and uprating the ARBs and getting decent coilovers makes a massive improvement,on and off track.

The Assy 2s are excellent tyres,but do wear quickly.

Reactions: S3_Mat