Slight oil leak pic attached

OVRA3

Reaction score
What could be causing this slight bit of oil around this pipe it's not dripping with oil but looks like a build up...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397385065142139

Errr also what is the metal round thing lol sorry not to engine minded :-/

its your VVT gasket, might as well do the cam cover gasket while your at it

Sounds expensive can you elaborate and what effect does the leak have on the car

Looks like that squirrel has been chewing on your pipe :whistle2:

Reactions: phil76
them squirls are nuts

It's not leaking, it's weeping, just like I do when it's something wrong with my beloved A3.

Reactions: OVRA3
I could be wrong but is that not a Tdi ? Making that a tandem pump not vvt ? And I'm sure you can get a new gasket for them !

I could be wrong but is that not a Tdi ? Making that a tandem pump not vvt ? And I'm sure you can get a new gasket for them !

No it's a tfsi, would this have any effect on the engine as it seems to be running lovely?

Ovra3, no it's not going to do any harm to the engine, if it continues to seep (weep) from a leaking gasket. Of course there is a slight loss of oil, and it looks horrible. A good mechanic would simply replace the leaking gasket, and solve the problem. This is your best course of action when you have the time. Just make sure you check the oil regularly, and make a plan to get the gasket replaced as soon as convenient. Happens all the time, so don't worry. Just enjoy your A3.

Reactions: OVRA3
Sorry my mistake , no it looks like it's only a fine mist of oil seaping out , you can get a new gasket for it if it bothers you , but it shouldn't effect it unless it starts leaking more !

Thanks gents appreciate the advice new gasket it is then. Happy it's nothing major just hate the oil as well as the 'nuts' please see my other thread for that little story!

mate its basically a 2hr book job at workshops.. they just take your rocker cover off and put a new gasket and do the VVT gasket while they are at it.. parts would cost you £20-30 if i remember correctly as i had the same issue...