Replace the carpet?

davesimmo

Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the carpet or is it a job not worth doing.
there is a slight hole in the carpet near the pedals where a previous owner has driven without floor mats and worn the carpet out.
i have mats in place and you can't see it, but I know it's there and it bugs me.
just wondered if anyone on here has gone to the trouble of replacing their carpet and how much does a replacement cost, is it worth it?

Ignore it, the cost & time to swap all bits out isn't worth a small hole :)

Reactions: davesimmo
No you're not, its reality of the cost factor tbh mate, I would feel the same as you.

on an old orion I cut square from a scrap car and then cut same size hole in floor lifted and stuck under carpet onto sound deadening if you looked very hard you could see it but I was happy with it. i had seen it on a valeting course when they fix fag burns.

A new carpet is going to set you back around £500 for Audi + fitting unless you can do the job yourself. I would do what has been suggested above find a local company that could repair the damage. There are a few areas of carpet which hidden behind trim that could be cut out to repair the damage, seen that done with seats before and its give an all most perfect result.