Shortened pressed plates

nsharpington

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone, who has purchased short pressed plates, point me in the right direction to obtain these?

Thanks in advance.

^^^ This is where I had mine made ! Awesome plates 👍 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397245958069855 These are gel resin 398mm iirc :)

I looked into this a while back and came to the conclusion that it was a bit of a minefield concerning road legal or not.

If you plan to drive on roads then note this disclaimer from the ebay seller above.
Show Plates: Your supplied number plates are classed as 'Show Plates'. If you have purchased 'Show Plates', we cannot be held responsible for the illegal use of these number plates on UK roads. By clicking the 'buy it now' button, you are indicating that you fully understand this.
One of the few places that I would get them from are

UK Legal Plates

Note they show they are UK legal on their website. They will be correctly spaced, right material, show maker and postcode and BS marking. More importantly they are on the DfT website as a registered supplier of number plates.

Search register of number plate suppliers by town or post code

They were about £35 I believe. I haven't got one on the front no but looks good cut down 👍ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397747414118058

Reactions: nsharpington
I like the shortened gel plates as well! Didn't realise they looked that good though...

I've encountered a problem - just taken mine off and removed all the old sticky pads and residue on back, which was fine, the problem is the front. There are three screw holes on either edge... As I have the double grill 8P I'm unsure how to cover it just with conventional methods at home. Retrofitting the S3 grill isn't an option as that would eat too much into the budget of my next car (S3 funnily enough, just waiting for the insurance to drop in a couple of years) See below. Any help appreciated!

IMAG0070

I used the same company for the gel plates with the letters in carbon and also ordered the ABT carbon surround from Ricter.

I wasted money on pressed plates from ebay. Plates were only just ok and the laser etching of the name was absolutely w4nk. They are still on my carpet awaiting destruction. I put proper plates on in the end.