oem headunit from 2008 into a 2004 car audi a3

Geah

Reaction score
hi just looking for some info

ive currently got a pioneer double din avh 4400 bt in my car but i dont like the way it looks in the dash so ive posted for sale on some fb groups and i want to put an oem double din in its place my car already has the double din cage fitted but with the car being iso ive noticed the newer headunits are quadlock is there an adaptor that works so i can install one of these ?

the rnse adaptor looks like what i need but thought id ask first

this is my pioneer i know its a decent headunit ive been into car audio for a long time but i only use it for playing cd's and i hate the facia adators they look naff in my eyes so im going to sell this and buy a later spec double din and pocket some extra cash

1240031_10202975802867396_3632051206754520010_n.jpg

basicly to update this post i bought a chorus mp3 headunit from a 2012 a3 double din ,

my 2004 3.2 a3 was already double din but it had iso connector so i bought an rnse adaptor off ebay that was quadlock to iso £11.99 posted

i had to put a link wire from pin +UB to pin DI Sens as both pins need to be live and only one has a wire to it on the adaptor i did this by adding a small peace of wire from the empty pin to the pin that had the wire going to it ,

sounds great amp sub etc all work ive had to order a Diversity adaptor for the Ariel at a further cost of £6.50 posted as i have a fakra and an iso ariel lead on my car and 2x fakra sockets on the latest chorus headunit

im happy now ive got a later spec oem mp3 double din fitted again hope this helps someone

cheers mark