Revised Downpipe Braket Link? (to eliminate turbo siren noise?)

Jack Le Ray

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi Everyone

My A3 2.0 TDI has made the 'dreaded siren noise' since I bought it 2 years ago. It's done 132k and drives great, no smoke, no loss of power etc, just the siren noise. Some people say this is due to a faulty turbo, but others say this is normal and is a result of a poorly designed downpipe bracket that channels the sound of the turbo through the chassis. This is why when people replace their noisy turbos it fixes the problem temporarily but then the nosie comes back as soon as the turbo wears inand starts resonating through the downpipe bracket.

There is supposesdly a revised downpipe bracket available that eliminates the harmonic resonance (turbo siren) noise.

Does anybody have a link to this? I'm not sure what to look for. I would like to try this before replacing the turbo.

Warm regards people,

Jay

I've never heard of this, but my simplistic view of how noise travels is that higher frequency will still travel into the car (and sound proofing combats these kind of noises), a bracket or damper to prevent resonating would probably kill lower frequency vibration and deeper engine noises?

Hi mate. I just made a thread on how I got rid of my Owl/siren noise. Might be worth having a read :)