Forge Twin take fitting guide-S3?

keendean

Reaction score
I don't have any instructions, I have everything removed, I just need to fit the forge kit now. I have the back pipe on to the turbo, there is a piece of metal that fits in the right hand corner, it sits very close to the head light wiring. Can someone enlighten me, as to where it fits? I have Googled for some comprehensive instructions, and checked the Forge web site out. It was dark and raining, so not the best time to fit, oh and I need a car for work. It seems I'll be up early, also what stops the air canisters from moving around?
Any tips? Is there any power gains at all, if your car has not been mapped? Thanks anyone for any pointers :)

Thanks mate, looked here, no actual instructions though. I've retreated down the pub for a pint, had enough of the rain. I think I'm nearly there, I just need a little clarification. I'll bother Alex@Aks in the morning worst case, but wanted to try and fit it myself :)

Is it definitely a kit for an A3?
The bracket which fits to the inner wing changes for each model.

Is the a3 2.0l the same as the s3 kit? Tia

Guys post said off of an S3. I'll check link now, weird as I thought the web would be full of videos, I found a Mkv gti one.

Yes, it can only go one way, it's not wholly intuitive as to exactly how it fits.
Fresh pair of eyes and knuckles, I'm sure it will be right ;-)
I'll. Google a bit further :)

Here's a link to the fitting instructions for the Forge Twintake FMIND12E kit for the S3.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/FMIND12E.pdf

Hope this helps, Paula xx :wub:

EDIT - Direct from the fitting instructions - The side duct is secured using the two T30 Torx screws that secure the upper edge of the radiator support just behind the headlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: keendean
Thanks Paula :) mmmm, two fittings, I saw only one that was applicable.
I'll check the instructions out now, daylight soon, keen to get the car back together ;-)

Last edited:
not sure but MAF sensor is in a different place on GIT so it may not fit! Have a look under the bonnet and check where the MAF is first.

Last edited:
It's fitted, it's very stealth is all I can say. I've no idea if there any gains with a stock map? Are the filters shipped within the cannisters from the factory? Wondering if they are in the right direction? There is a little sound increase over stock. I'll see how I get on with it, if not I'll sell up and revert back to OEM :) Thanks for the pointers guys and gals, a little bit of light and a new day helps wonders ;)

Glad you got sorted mate.
From memory there's arrows on the front and rear of the filter canisters showing orientation.
The twintake is very civilised in terms if noise and will gain you something in stock mode although it'll be higher up the revs you'd notice it.