Lowering

stewartrae9

Reaction score
I am looking to lower my 2011 a3 and currently have on 17"s. Just wondering if anyone has lowered before and suggests a ride height? Been told by a friend to lower about 40-45mm but not sure if this will cause any problems?

Also would you recommend springs or coil overs?

thanks (pics of various heights are welcome) :meeting:

I am looking to lower my 2011 a3 and currently have on 17"s. Just wondering if anyone has lowered before and suggests a ride height? Been told by a friend to lower about 40-45mm but not sure if this will cause any problems?

Also would you recommend springs or coil overs?

thanks (pics of various heights are welcome) :meeting:

Lower it on Eibach Pro-Kit and stick 18s on it...perfect balance of ride and handling. Assuming you don't want an earth shattering ride which if you do then stick 19s on it and lower it on Eibach Sportline.

Feel like a broken record, but do a search. Soooooo many threads with the exact same question you're asking.

As mentioned there's a lot of threads answering the questions you're looking for and a lot have pictures showing various different stances on the A3 8P.

A lot will be down to your budget though and what you actually want out of the kit.

Damian @ DPM Performance

in my exsperiance dont cheap out on springs if your doing it that way.... 30-40mm on Eibach Pro-Kit are good... if you decide coilovers please dont buy a cheap product get some decent ones costing a fair amount or the ride will be a nightmare!!