A3/S3 3G RNS-E ADD-ONS UNPLEASENT SURPRISE

s3facelift09

Reaction score
I recently swapped my broken 2G RNS-e for a 3G version. I had the 2G version for nearly 4 years, and I was always looking to retrofit adleist one add-on like the TV or the reverse camera or the optical parking system, but the subject never kind off popped up off the list. I knew there was plenty of DVB-t sets or reverse camera sets for the 2G RNS-e on e-bay. And I never paid really much attention, I kind of assumed that there will also be similar sets that would fit the 3G version, but I can't seem to find any on ebay or anywhere.

Can anyone help, where can I buy a DVB-t set with multimedia interface or a reverse camera set with active guidelines (for a 3door S3) that also fits the A3/S3 RNS-e 3G?

Last edited:
For the RNS-E there is a MK1 and Mk2 revision.

The 2G/3G MMI your referring to is fitted to B8A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and Q3,5,7 models, and parts from these cars will not work on any RNS-E unit.

I am aware that parts from for etc. the A4 won't work on the S3, I was asking does anybody know where to find a multimedia interface and a DVB-t set for a RNS-e 3G for an A3/S3 at a reasonable price. And how desperate I am, I'm willing to buy an OEM set at the dealer's if I need to..

Anyone..?