Big Shout out to Nigel and a file name format question! RNS-e

N00b1nat0r

Reaction score
This is a big thanks to Nigel, ive been meaning to send you a masive thanks for all your work and effort with putting up with the many questions about my RNS-e fitting. Its been done for a while now and im very happy with it, the parents are impressed TBH with it too, in their own words it looks smart! The Ashtray delete comes in handy too, currently holding a naff air freshener! Heres Nigels handy work, do excuse some of the naff music as thats the other halfs! Def Leppard is mine!
20140224 083505 resized
One thing i have noticed with the unit is some of my song names are odd and when playing they will shorten and take the leading number off (only lasts while the unit is on), is there a perticular naming meathod to follow?

Could it be reading the ID3 tags of the track? Could you post some example filenames of tracks where this happens and tracks where it doesn't happen. If possible can the tracks be the same file format and same length of name?

I really need one of these head units :-(

Is this the rns-e mk1 or 2? Looks well nice regardless!!

Difficult to fit? and do you get a aux port for ipods etc in the glove box as dont fancy having to buy stupidly large SD cards when i have a 250gig ipod

I really need one of these head units :-(

Is this the rns-e mk1 or 2? Looks well nice regardless!!

Difficult to fit? and do you get a aux port for ipods etc in the glove box as dont fancy having to buy stupidly large SD cards when i have a 250gig ipod

i have the mk1 rnse for sale from a 2009 chrome dial model .have enabled the vim and voice commands on it , could probably get code as well for it ,would even throw in the ipod interface thats fitted in the glovebox for the right price .

Last edited:
" do excuse some of the naff music as thats the other half's "
Mmmmm :eyebrows: