a3 buying help

cenci

Reaction score
hi all
after trying the rest its time to go back to the best.
getting my second a3 after a time away and just need a bit of inside gen for the best model to get.
budget ideally about 13,000k so means im looking at a second gen a3 about 2010.

my questions is how do we all feel about the 1.4tfsi or should i be looking at a 2.0tdi. dont do that many motorway miles each year.

are there any major issues i should be aware of like the chain tensioner from the golf gti etc.

cheers

Hi, welcome back.

How many miles do you do on a daily basis? Is it stop/start journeys in traffic or are you getting hitting 50/60mph regularly?

my commute to work is a round trip of about 30 miles which i do 4-5 times a week. this involves a fair bit of 50-60 mph driving.

trying to also figure out the sline advantages but buying a sportback so think it looks much better with s line packaged on

Well I have a 2009 2.0TDI 170 which I do about the same as you, probably 25 miles a day, 5 times a week. Do about 12K a year. Never had a problem with it so I would advise the 2.0TDI. You can have mine if you like :) I'm half tempted to sell it for the right money although it's booked in with Audi for a cambelt / water pump, brake fluid and MOT on Monday.

what colour is it? and miles?
also notice you have the rns-e. can i ask if its possible to retrofit any rns-e into any a3 2003-12? as i may have to do this if i buy one without.

Phantom Black, just gone over the 60K mark.

Yes you can. Mine is a retrofit which NHN fitted (highly rated by many on here), along with the AMI (Audi Music Interface), Bluetooth and Cruise Control :)

thanks but probably looking for a slightly newer one with less miles.

so i take it the ami dosent come fitted with s line you have to buy as extra? ive seen some on fleabay for fairly cheap so not too many problems there.

PM me if you are interested. I have a couple of pics that I took after I last cleaned it last weekend.

thanks but probably looking for a slightly newer one with less miles.

so i take it the ami dosent come fitted with s line you have to buy as extra? ive seen some on fleabay for fairly cheap so not too many problems there.

No problem.

No, AMI is an extra.