Stronic whine

_Conrad_

STRONIC
Reaction score
I've got a 2010 Stronic and I've noticed in sport and fast manual driving I'm getting a whine more so in the lower gears. Car drives fine no clunking and what not.

Could this been tired oil? It's been service up to date and bought via audi. Only thing is that the Stronic oil Haldex and other major bits where done by a independent I can't get hold of.

It's on about 54,000 atm.

I took it to Walton audi few months back they said noise is normal I'm not convinced at all girlfriend even noticed it! As I got the all clear I stuck H&R coilovers arbs and super proed.

So a bit worried about the warranty only got the car early December time! It's booked in West London audi in a few weeks time as there so busy.

ANY help much appreciated driving me mad!

I feel the same about mine, just 1st gear mainly though, 2nd gear a little, I think the whine is more than excessive.

I asked them about it when it was last in under warranty for its DSG flywheel and they said they tested one whilst mine was in to compare, and it was the same.

I've had 3 variants of 8P in about 5 years, I'm sure it wasn't loud like this.

My previous S3 was manual so perhaps a slightly different story, and so was the 170TDI CR.

I can clearly hear it over the non res Milltek and that's loud.

But then in D, nothing - no whine, it's changed gear before you know it.

Then I just think, perhaps DSG oil change is a good idea, it's had a hard life from day 1.

31k of flat out stage 2, I'd be tired too!

I'll get it done in due course and see how she behaves.

My 2012 S tronic is quite full on in S mode, a bit like two cats fighting, especially a lower speeds.

I would check all the service items have been carried out, if in doubt get them sorted

Looking at the service manual, the air filter change is due every 38k miles ! Which seems a long time.

After this pollution/dust is over I'll be changing mine, even though my car has only done 24k miles,

undecided which to go for, one of the expensive 'performance filters' or oem paper filter

Does anyone know which make Audi use without having to look ?

Cheers for the replys mines most noticeable in first at about 4k 5k.

I was going to completely change all service items including Cam follower, major service and Haldex and Cam belt water pump.

I've got a revo sounds great but not on atm will put back on once this potential issue are sorted and I want the BCS at the same time . As I want it looking as standard as possible until I'm done at audi.

IM popping up to aks to have fast road set up done before it's booked into audi. so may get the Stronic oil changed then unsure if that will hinder me with audi if that isn't the issue.