A3/S3 Photos Thread

Been a long time lurker here so thought i would finally put up some pics of the before and after pics of my A3.

Before
Car side before wide

After
IMG 0099

Reactions: Ironborn
Looks nice, love the white writing. I had the same before changing tyres. What did you to mark yours?

i just used a white tyre pen mate. At first didn't think I would like it. But glad I did makes it stand out a bit more.

Reactions: stuartm and Wilonso
IMG 0544IMG 0545A couple of mine, will become a bit of a project I fear!

Reactions: stuartm
A few more with mine after installing the spoiler, TT control arms, ARBs, coilovers and the refurbished wheels.

A few more with mine after installing the spoiler, TT control arms, ARBs, coilovers and the refurbished wheels.

Hi there just a quick question, how do you keep your indicator lights on when your side lights are on?

Probably pulled ober with hazzards on and took picture whilst flashing lol as if they were permenantly on it would be a road hazzard

Probably pulled ober with hazzards on and took picture whilst flashing lol as if they were permenantly on it would be a road hazzard

that could be the case :) im sure ive seen other cars with there indicators on like that before

that could be the case :) im sure ive seen other cars with there indicators on like that before

The indicator/hazards running lights seen above can be activated in VCDS. Brightness at which they stay on can also be chosen. Not too sure how to do it myself, may have a play about with it at the weekend, but I know it can be done.

The indicator/hazards running lights seen above can be activated in VCDS. Brightness at which they stay on can also be chosen. Not too sure how to do it myself, may have a play about with it at the weekend, but I know it can be done.

I thought it could be done, pity i dont have a vcds or thats what i would be doing too lol, also is it possible through vcds to lock the doors at a certain speed too on a 2005 model?

I thought that your supposed to get usa spec running lights on the bumpers and code them someone on hee with a red a3 8p1 has them installed

I thought that your supposed to get usa spec running lights on the bumpers and code them someone on hee with a red a3 8p1 has them installed

As stuartm has said, you can do it both ways. The Red A3 you're thinking of is Fran's.

How does it work is it like a feed from the side lights or just run as a drl setup, does look very smart though.

Just started de-badging my 2006 A3, plans are to replace the front grille with a black S3 style one to ditch the grey and chrome one thats on there at the moment, this is ordered and should be arriving next week, replace the chrome emblames with gloss black and replace the silver S-Line badges with black ones.

*Edit - Black S-Line side badges now fitted.

On a side note can anyone suggest where I can get a replacement rear valance as mine has a great big hole cut in it for a tow bar that was on there when I brought the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: stuartm
Fitted some MY11 rear lights today on my 2006 A3. Really changes the look of the whole car :yahoo:

Before

After

Few other pictures of her as well.. :happy:

Next up is a rear s-line boot spoiler :ninja:

Reactions: Fenriz
Lovely looking car ARH, lights have made a huge improvement. Love the Black/Red leather too, would go nicely in mine :sob:

Cheers mate it'll look even better when I find a spoiler and fit it, it's just finding one that's the problem

The interior is never leaving this car ;)

Reactions: Fenriz
Fitted some MY11 rear lights today on my 2006 A3. Really changes the look of the whole car :yahoo:

Before

After

Few other pictures of her as well.. :happy:

Next up is a rear s-line boot spoiler :ninja:

lovely car mate, just one question was the my11 lights plug and play or have to modify them? As I have a 2005 A3.

Cheers pal

Ye it's plug an play so simple, get a flat screwdriver and unscrew the fixings inside the boot and just pry the lights away gently and put the new lights back in the way you took the old ones out. No coding or anything needed just as simple as that.

Makes the car look 10x better :)

Cheers pal

Ye it's plug an play so simple, get a flat screwdriver and unscrew the fixings inside the boot and just pry the lights away gently and put the new lights back in the way you took the old ones out. No coding or anything needed just as simple as that.

Makes the car look 10x better :)

They sure do make a difference, look a lot better too in my opinion. Glad they are plug and play with no coding too.

WORK IN PROGRESS.
DSC 9100

DSC 90991

DSC 9096

DSC 1373

Last edited:
Reactions: ~RS~ and Ironborn
Sorry I missed this bro!

It's on air, so I don't drive it quite that low. Almost though :D

thats no problem mate, after I posted I thought it might be on air. I'm running coilovers and struggling to adjust it without taking the swing arm off again. Was just to see how you did it mate :)