Speech dialogue system SDS retrofit

buz

Flat out
Reaction score
After using my girlfriends new fiesta ST I have realised how ancient my RSN-E set up is. I have tried using the SDS button on MFSW on various occasions and it seemed to do its own thing so I basically gave up on it. After a bit of reading up today it appears there are 2 levels of SDS, one for just phone operation via the Bluetooth module and a HIGH one that controls phone/radio/CD/nav etc. I have found out today that the HIGH can be retrofitted by fitting some repair wires between the BT mic and RSN-E and recoding by VCDS.

Has anybody done this retrofit and is it really worth it? Also with the HIGH set up do you still have to manually input phone book entries to add a voice tag or will it recognise what name you're asking for from the downloaded phones phone book?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

IF you have a MK1 rns-e there is a firmware hack that will enable SDS, then you need to modify the microphone wring harness, and disable SDS on the BT module using VCDS.

I'm pretty sure I have a mk2 RSN-E unit as it's a navigation plus in 2012 S3, would this require a different method?

Thanks.

2009 Europe original fit is a Mk I.

But if it's an 8P0 035 192 T, ​it already has SDS. This is the last of the Mk I.

It can be done on the MK2 as well i have done the one in my wifes 2009

Would you care to share with us how you achieved this on a Mk2.
I know Hazzy days offer the service, but in all honesty not sure how they do it as there is no known hack for the MK2.

Reactions: buz
You need to have VCDS and a couple of discs with software on for it to work

I can supply the discs and info for a fee
pm me if you want it

Not interested in paying fella. Was just curious how you got this to work. I have done plenty retrofits for customers, and am quite aware of how the old MK1 could be hacked. But as far as I was aware, it was impossible to do the MK2.
Fair play if you have done it mate, and must admit that you are the first person I have come across to do this.
Would be intrigued to know where you got the hack from though??

ATB