EBAY SCAM , DO NOT BUY OFF THIS ITEM

foxymk1

Reaction score
i bought some parts from the person acting as the owner of a ebay account selling S3 BREAKING and got alot of BS back and no parts and the listing ending within 3 hrs of it going live, iv since found an exact listing with the same 3 pictures but different account and different part of the country, iv reported it to ebay and now you guys as iv lost money and dont want you to to the same

this is the listing
Audi S3 2010 breaking For Spares And Parts Front End Wheel Nut | eBay

do not fall for the same thing i did as i was foolish and could only see what i wanted to see , plus please dont post what i should of done as im annoyed with myself already

he is hacking peoples accounts and selling through them

thanks foxy

Reactions: Tonka Toy, wuta3, S3Alex and 2 others
****** me off this, both me & my dad have had our accounts suspended for no reason whats so ever yet people are on there doing this! eBay is an utter pile of s***e really!!

Reactions: warren_S5
Unlucky mate, hope it wasn't too expensive. most breakers though use pretty much the same pictures over and over again. Member since 2007... how did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I dont understand why anyone would bid on that? its not clear what exactly hes selling?

Looking at the second picture its obviously show at a breakers yard but theres no 'contact details' in the listing where you'd expect to see location ,name of company and telephone number!

I would have been cautious by this.........:noway:

happened to me also some foreign gentleman in Bradford has 360 of my money for a interior ill never see and police cant do **** / bank as I paid via bank transfer (my rookie mistake)

i know im an idiot dont need telling just trying stop other doing the same

I've been done over in the last few weeks paid by bank transfer.
At least mine turned up but just a pile of ****e and I'm £180 out of pocket.
We all learn by our mistakes, I'm too trusting and think everyone's as honest as me.

There was another guy at it last night I asked him how much for front end and skirts and he came back straight away with £800 which we all know is way too cheap, so I asked how to pay and he said only bank transfer which raises my suspicions, so I asked for a number to discuss and made up an excuse not to give me a number which by then I knew it was a scam. So people need to be aware of this and sorry to hear you have been done but hopefully you paid using paypal.

Another thing I do when paying with paypal is use a credit card that way you are protected by the bank as well.

plenty of adds say the same who are honest, just trying to point out this 1 dont really appreciate the (you must be stupid ) posts

Reactions: nezz and jamesmapplebeck
It has been in the papers about these scammers they get good at it as they are doing it all the time. But thank you for the warning and as the saying goes once bitten twice shy.

Lately I've been super cautious on eBay and increasingly so on Amazon. So much fakery, cheap tat from China, and potential scammers (I sold some stuff at Xmas and two buyers said items had arrived damaged and would I consider refunding some money but wanted to keep the item, I said I would pay for return and heard nothing from either again). Pikey-Bay is a better name.

I'd now only buy from there if it was the last resort or I was collecting in person.

Sorry to hear of anyone's losses, its easy to be wise sat in an armchair.

Reactions: nezz, london jay and mike foster
Your not an idiot at all mate. More breaking ads are like the one you went to than anything else. Who has the time to list every part and price it?
Im always on the look out at breaking ads for modified bits and it looks like every other advert so dont kick yourself.
Are you protected for this?

Reactions: foxymk1
Pay via Paypal and only Paypal... This way you are protected. Who cares - As a buyer you don't have to pay any charges, only the seller does.

If they want Bank Transfer then step away, seen so many people get duffed for this!

Reactions: daz-20vt
Thanks a lot for sharing takes a lot of man to say they got done.

Reactions: foxymk1
Thanks for letting us know. I am far too trusting and this has just reminded me not to be so in future. Takes balls to admit getting ripped off so credit to you. What does surprise me is that if you paid via bank transfer surely the police are able to investigate? After all fraud is fraud. If you pay someone for goods and don't receive them then at least you have the recipients bank details.

I always remember my late father got scammed in a pub. A so called friend (who had hit upon hard times) asked if anyone wanted to buy a new TV for £50 - my dad asked him for some details and thinking he was getting a good deal handed over £50. Bloke then said he would nip out and get the TV - never to be seen again!!

the add on ebay has nw gone so it looks like me reporting it as a scam has paid off

Pics look like Australia or New Zealand to me.

Looks dodgy as hell, judging by vehicles in background agree it's probably from down under and car does not look like a scraper, far from it.
Judging by his purchase history, kids clothes etc, guessing this is an ebay ID that he's either bought or hacked. I say 'he' could be a 'she' obviously.

do not fall into thinking that if you use a credit card with pay pal you have extra protection ! you dont if you read your cards terms and conditions as you haven't actually purchased anything of paypal all you have done is use a credit card to put money into your account and not pay for the item so you not covered ,

but one way you are covered is even if you only partly pay for something on your credit card the whole transaction is covered !

just a top tip so you dont get drawn into a false sense of security!

paypal is good for a buyer but i hate using it as a seller as its to easy to get ripped off

Thanks for letting us know. I am far too trusting and this has just reminded me not to be so in future. Takes balls to admit getting ripped off so credit to you. What does surprise me is that if you paid via bank transfer surely the police are able to investigate? After all fraud is fraud. If you pay someone for goods and don't receive them then at least you have the recipients bank details.

I always remember my late father got scammed in a pub. A so called friend (who had hit upon hard times) asked if anyone wanted to buy a new TV for £50 - my dad asked him for some details and thinking he was getting a good deal handed over £50. Bloke then said he would nip out and get the TV - never to be seen again!!

£50 well spent! Good riddance to that friend!

Reactions: Jameze
Be aware of these things: Audi Alu/Matt Look Mirror Covers Caps Housings Audi A3 S3 8P 8PA + Sportback | eBay

I bought at an auction a set from these guys in November and in February they were already looking like this:
5 41

I found out latter that the original S3 ones are not made from plastic. I wrote them asking for a replace but they never answered.

I received an email from ebay this past week - stating to not trade with the previous guy I linked, as his account had been stolen and they were restoring access.

thankfully i got in touch with my bank straight away and they managed to return my money,, woop woop, but they never told me it just turned up in my account witch was a nice surprise , the seller said he had sent it back after trying to get me to send screen shot of the transferr so the bank would give him the money but i just ignored him and 7 days later it showed up in my account the bank contacted his bank and stopped the transaction

the account the money was sent to : A WARREN