FBMFSW installation problem!

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
Sorry guys I don't like posting things like this but my car is half done outside....

I've just fitted the fb steering wheel I got the correct airbag for it also I have a look problem tho I tried using the loom that came with the fb steering wheel and the orange light is on the dash now,?

So I went to use the old round wheel loom and it only has 2 spade connectors that attach to the metal, the new fb one has 3 spades so I'm completely at a loss what's the best move or what am I doing wrong do I need to swap pins or something???

Any help much appreciated.... If I can't resolve this tonight gonna have to remove the wheel!

What is the part number on your loom?

Don't worry about changing back i can swap mine in 5 minutes now lol

I think your air bag light is showing as you turned the ignition on with no air bag connected.

I have 2looms

8J0971589H
8P971589Q

When fitted with the new look horn works multi functions all work etc everything works just the airbag light is on orange....

The car was not turned on with the bag disconnected....

Oh great i hope the h fixes mine!

Have you got the correct ecu?
What year is the car?

Try clearing the air bag code fault in vcds

Cleared faults, still the same however I've just had a look on the loom on the one that came with the round bag and it seems it puts pin 1 and 2 in opposite sides on that loom than on the old one..... Ie pin 1 should be in 2s position and 2in 1's

So I may try and swap the pins round and see if that works...

There is a purple lock running through the middle then a tiny tiny glass type screwdriver to depress the lock tab

lol yeah it is when you got it they fall out :) whilst its all out just right down for us the colours and pin numbers would you, with the orange clip at the top.

Top row

Pin 1 empty
Pin 2 empty
Pin 3 green
Pin 4 black
Pin 5 white
Pin 6 blue

That was after I swapped round...

weird as the h i was told and copied was

1 blank
2 blank
3 black
4 green
5 blue
6 white

Bottom
1 brown
2 yellow
3 purple
4 red
5 blank
6 blank

Yours working now?

Just tried and orange light still on I haven't cleared the codes tho as I'm at work so hard to nip out.

No I started the car up and idled.... I have the esp warning but that should dissappear...? Would the wheel one also?.

Yeah soon as you drive away, they go off quickly

So the wheel lights up ok? You got the paddles?

ok just been out and road tested it after work, after a short distance the lights have now gone out and everything is working fine as it should be.... i left the pins as i described earlier in the post and that has seemed to have worked for me , all the wheel functions work too....

lee i am manual no paddles....

Ok ta i'll try this new H loom when it comes if that doesn't work more investigating.
Thanks for the replys :)

Sorry to be a pain in the *** what exactly do I need to buy to do this to my car ? I have a s3 8p with round steering wheel with no controls on it