HELP !!!!!

Johnvill73

Reaction score
I need some advice I was driving to work this morning going up a hill in third got to about 3000revs and the power just went no acceleration carried on to work it was running fine just no power there's no smoke no noise and no engine light please don't tell me it's the turbo :(

I had a similar issue a while back when my Boost Hose let go, no power when it happened and felt like the turbo wasn't working.

Fingers crossed its that is it just a case of replacing it and if it is did u do it yourself and is it easy :)

Didn't do it myself as the car was already going into the garage at the time it went, so had them change it. From my knowledge, the turbo is at the back of the engine, so either need to go in form the bottom and/or remove parts to get the hose on. If it is th boost hose, then it should just be a case or replacing it and all should be OK. You will need to inspect it or take it a garage as it could be something else.

As above, get it scanned properly. If it has gone into limp mode it will have logged an intermittent fault. Not all generic scanners pick them up.

VCDS will tell you the fault code that caused the limp mode and then you can work from there.

ive just had the same happen to me. aprox 3k revs and loss of power. no noise, lights, smoke nothing. all drives ok, just no turbo power. i have the s3 2.0 so hopefully just the same, had a look for boost pipes that could have damaged, but cant seem to get in to them very well.

let me know how you get on as ill take mine into dealers tomorrow for them to look at. do you think it will be ok to drive?

cheers

Its strange I have just drove from work and it seems fine now although I didn't put my foot down hard but it seemed to accelerate ok so I ain't got a clue , let me know how you get on a the dealers tomorrow :)

It will be going into limp mode due to an ovrboost conditio and when you switch off the ignition it will reset the ecu and work fine again untill you put it under load steep hill high gear foot down see if it goes into limp mode again probly clogged turbo vines

John what engine do you have? If diesel (bkd usually) it will most likely be what southylad said.

If S3 or Tfsi engine like Neil, it will more likely be boost hose popped off, N75 not working properly, or DV problem.