Whole dash removal

Lewbo

Reaction score
Tried looking for a guide or any info on how to remove full dashboard but can't find any. I have a phone cut out on the dash and really wanna get rid of it for a new dash any pointers would be very helpful

thanks

Have it repaired! I've had a few done for customers and you genuinely can't tell if its done right. Plenty of work to remove the dash. 3 hours for me and I've done at least 10 in the past.

Cheers for reply, who does it and how much, I seen a brand new dash for £115 and was going to get it tomorrow.

I use a guy that covers South Yorkshire. Can't remember his name off the top of my head but can pm it you if you require. £115 is cheap enough but bear in mind the swap would take 6 hours for someone who's experienced. If you've never done one I suggest a days work. The hardest part is removing everything without breaking it!

Hmm not sure what to do, I have never taken dash out of an a3, but I have had most bits out of all my a3's like glovebox, steering wheel ect, full centre console, climate control, radio cage, footwell covers, clocks ect. which I'm sure pretty much covers what I need to remove doesn't it. I don't mind having a go at anything just wanted to know if there where anything tricky or anything I have missed that needs taking out.

You'd be halfway there if you take the above out. A few tricky Torx bolts around the airbag and ones facing upwards on to the bulkhead beam are about as bad as it gets. It's just time consuming. My only advice would be to do it all in one go or you may lose track!

Ok brilliant thanks for your fast responses and advice, think I will get the dash and give it a go This weekend. Had the car nearly a year and been dying to get rid of it all this time lol.

No problem. Yeah I had the horrid cradle on my first ever A3. From memory I didn't get rid of it because it was also the antenna for the Bluetooth, as well as being an awful looking cradle. That's why I left mine! Good luck anyway!

Cheers, has nothing to do with antenna for bluetooth as the bluetooth module has it's own antenna attached. It's wired upto the shark fin as an antenna but not used that's why I want rid.

Yeah yours will be the genuine kit, mine wasn't although it looked identical!

Well I went ahead with this today and it took me a total of 2.5 hours from start to finish including sat nav. Was much easier than I actually thought and cars looks so much better now without the horrible cradle and with sat nav. Managed to get a few photos during progress to show what a task it is.

had to remove one a few years ago after my nephew stuck the hot cig lighter on it , not a bad job actually if i remember hardest bit was around the centre console area .

Well I went ahead with this today and it took me a total of 2.5 hours from start to finish including sat nav. Was much easier than I actually thought and cars looks so much better now without the horrible cradle and with sat nav. Managed to get a few photos during progress to show what a task it is.

Where's the photos ? :D

Sounds like you done well.

Here's the photos
With phone holder before

Getting there

Dash out

Different angle with dash in with new buttons and climate ready to fit nav

Quick night shot with everything back together with mk2 rnse and s3 clocks I had fitted last week

Reactions: Ron burgundy
This is impressive. You did the dash, sat nav and seats?

thanks yes i did the lot mate, i do everything myself pal lol got heated seats to wire up when i order the loom, plus lots of other things to do as part of my conversion

Quick update on the interior side of things it's changed again I now have flat bottom, s3 pedals,s3 gear knob, s3 handbrake cover, cruise and leather armrest all I which I fitted last Saturday morning so my s3 facelift interior is almost complete

Another angle

Reactions: traindweller, DriverN00B, Sevv and 1 other person
hey lewbo,
Are there nuts under the defrost vent? If so, how did you pull that vent off? I have already remove everything but the dash seem stuck in the center. Need help. Thanks!

Is it the air vents on the dash you want off if yes ( small flat screwdriver , slide in-between the dash and black / sliver ring off vent gently push towards you , once you get a little gap do other side off vent , keep walking it side to side until you can get your fingers in the gap and just keeping pulling and walking side to side , do to all 4 , simples out

the vent in the top middle of dash like downtothebone said. I tried to using a clothes hanger to pull it up but it didn't budge.

the vent in the top middle of dash like downtothebone said. I tried to using a clothes hanger to pull it up but it didn't budge.

you on about the speaker in the middle? if so use a credit card or plastic trim tool to work the clips free.

attached is the elsawin guide on removing the dash

Attachments

• dashboard.pdf
    387.7 KB · Views: 1,348
Reactions: anycanda and ch1z64
you on about the speaker in the middle? if so use a credit card or plastic trim tool to work the clips free.

attached is the elsawin guide on removing the dash
Sami nice one , guess it wasn't a vent after all

Sami nice one , guess it wasn't a vent after all

Tbf I only knew about it as the one in my dash was crackling when I bought the car so replacing it was one of the first jobs I did on the car! I thought it was a vent at first as well