2007 phantom black s3

Scoobycarl1

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to this site so please be gentle with me lol as you may tell I'm used to owning subarus and fancy something a bit more discreet now as I'm just in my 40's ! I have seen an s3 I like looks clean 72k miles and had a stage 1 map at awesome gti, the guy sounds fairly decent and the car has Michelin ps3's on so he doesn't skimp on tyres 2 are new so to me that's a good sign ? I've just read that the clutch could be a grey area after a stage 1 map and he assures me it's fine as he doesn't thrash it about and was mapped just over a year about 10k ago ?he says it has not slipped at all ? Just thought I'd ask if any of you guys know of any thing to look for mechanically as I'm am new to audis ? I work in a body shop so I can handle that side if and when I view it,car is in Chester and is advertised on pistonheads at £10,250 which is a good price I think lol so is it that price for a reason or is it just like he says he wants a bigger car so has priced it well in the Market ? Any help guys please and could anyone recommend the best hpi report without spending £40 !

Thanks - Carl.

hi carl and welcome to the forum and 40 club lol
have you looked in the for sale section on here to see if its on here too? he might be a member

any links to the for sale thread of the car?

hi carl and welcome to the forum and 40 club lol
have you looked in the for sale section on here to see if its on here too? he might be a member

any links to the for sale thread of the car?

Thanks for the welcome bud,no I haven't looked at for sale section but I will now mate,I'm terrible on computers so wouldn't know how to post a link sorry ?

haha no worrys we all have to start somewhere im crap also :)

Thanks for the welcome bud,no I haven't looked at for sale section but I will now mate,I'm terrible on computers so wouldn't know how to post a link sorry ?

Copy the link from the address bar (that's the www. bit lol) on the advert page and paste it here!

Looks good bud, seems to have looked after it well. Best thing is to go view and take it for a drive. Listen out for any knocking or abnormal sounds.

Yea it looks good and he has been honest and told me of a chip in boot lid and small scratch in rear bumper so at least i know about those bits !

As said, best thing to do is see how it drives and obviously test the clutch to make sure it isn't slipping etc.

Also, without wanting to confuse you if you're unsure of what VCDS is, it may be a good idea to see if someone local to the car has VCDS and give it a scan to make sure it isn't hiding any faults/nasty surprises that obviously can't be seen.

As said, best thing to do is see how it drives and obviously test the clutch to make sure it isn't slipping etc.

Also, without wanting to confuse you if you're unsure of what VCDS is, it may be a good idea to see if someone local to the car has VCDS and give it a scan to make sure it isn't hiding any faults/nasty surprises that obviously can't be seen.
Yea mate good point ! Would a b5 rs4 code checker fit it mate as my pal at work has one ?

Yea mate good point ! Would a b5 rs4 code checker fit it mate as my pal at work has one ?

I doubt it, Id say do a full HPI check on it though, it looks to be in really good condition (im from that area myself but dont know the car unfortunatly) However at £10k with 70k miles it seems a little on the cheap side, but maybe hes in a hurry to sell as hes found something new. I would do a full HPI though to make sure, i cant comment on the best ones to use but Audi use experian autocheck....

Hi Carl, welcome to audi-sport.net If you look at the threads at top of this section, you will find lots of info in the faqs thread. We all friendly and helpful in here. Enjoy the forum :) x

Thankyou all for welcoming me altho i hate being a newb lol

Yeah the guy offered it to me the other day, however I've been looking for one with more optional extras.