TTRS front brakes upgrade for 8P S3 queries..

114mph

Reaction score
Appreciate any help on this topic,

I'm doing a TTRS front brakes conversion on my 2009 S3, the TTRS calipers have already been acquired from ebay including carriers and other necessary bits. Now for the discs, I want to see if there are any good two piece lightweight OEM replacement options. What lightweight TTRS discs would you guys recommend and where is the best place to source them? Would prefer something significantly lighter than OEM but at a reasonable cost of course.

Another question is on fitment under 18inch Enkei PF01s ET45, would these wheel clear the TTRS front brakes?

Also with stainless braided lines, do I need to get S3 or the TTRS version for this application?

TIA!

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any aftermarket discs for the TTRS so most likely it will be Audi parts you need, they wont be light that's for sure!

I'm pretty sure you can just re-use the S3 lines when fitting the TTRS calipers so S3 braided lines should be fine, the fittings are all the same anyway.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket discs for the TTRS so most likely it will be Audi parts you need, they wont be light that's for sure!

I'm pretty sure you can just re-use the S3 lines when fitting the TTRS calipers so S3 braided lines should be fine, the fittings are all the same anyway.

I'm pretty sure there are a few options (aftermarket TTRS discs) out there but I have no experience with these products before hence the question.

But thanks for clearing the question on brake lines. This American company I'm dealing with has only braided lines for Mk5/Mk6 Golf Rs, and since S3 is not sold in the US, they are not sure if these lines would fit my car.

The standard ttrs discs warp mine went in twice to Audi for new discs and they never took my advice into account after 5k each. The problem is if you heavy brake and get them warm they warp common known problem. Go onto the TT forum for answers on what discs most of them run and it won't be oem. Hope that helps.

There is a new revised disc ending in F rather than E. There is the Loba or AP floating discs though but these are 1k a pop or something!

AP Racing are about the best option for the 8P, as mentioned though you'd be spending well in to 4 figures for a pair.

Whatever 18" wheels you have you will need a 5mm spacer minimum. I've got Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's on mine which are for touring cars and designed to wrap calipers, still just catch with no spacer ET45. Golf R braided lines are the same as the S3, you have to mod the small metal bridge pipe to fit in the caliper though, I bent it round a bar to give it the correct angle.