Upgraded security for our audis ???

Gfermer

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys have a better alarm system fitted to these car? What would you recommend and what price would you be looking at ? Thanks

Reactions: Paul9583
This will sound a bit pessimistic but if someone wants it bad enough it will go.

Alarms,immobilisers etc are all very well but can be circumvented and blocked.

Worse still is if one of those pieces of ***t comes into your house.

My solution for that has 4 legs and a huge set of teeth.

Reactions: Sevv, aky20 and dandav1985
On the whole, the car can only be stolen if:

1. They have the keys
2. They drag it away, or drag/lift it onto a low loader

On the whole, the car can only be stolen if:

1. They have the keys
2. They drag it away, or drag/lift it onto a low loader

This is true but of course both methods are used commonly.

The worrying aspect is the increasing number of instances where someone will enter your house to get the keys.

Even when I had the Cosworths low loaders were also a favourite.

Thanks for the replys just wondered if it was worth it but as you say if they want it it's going! Seems to be more and more cars going missing these days tho or getting broken into for seats and stereos etc

Thanks for the replys just wondered if it was worth it but as you say if they want it it's going! Seems to be more and more cars going missing these days tho or getting broken into for seats and stereos etc

Stereos are so easy it's hardly worth bothering about.

Seats etc require nicking the car though and that means they know where to go to get it.

Even GPS systems can be got around.

I've not got any of the fancy stuff anyways lol how the monster of the s3 going ? Anything els on the go at the moment ?

Reactions: S3Alex
I've not got any of the fancy stuff anyways lol how the monster of the s3 going ? Anything els on the go at the moment ?

Manifold and fuel systems being uprated.

Will it ever be finished haha I'm getting excited as I've got my stage 2 + booked

I think the only real thing to stop or catch people from stealing your car is a tracker or cameras on your property. I have a tracker installed in my s3 but like S3alex said if they want your car they'll have it.

Sad state of affairs I know, but that's the sort of country we like in.

Cheers Dan

Will it ever be finished haha I'm getting excited as I've got my stage 2 + booked

No end in sight lol.

Maybe make the thing so complicated it won't be worth nicking.

On that score it's not easy to just get into and drive.

Yep.

He'd do nicely.

Mine doesn't like strangers very much.

Uploadfromtaptalk1395309475681 meet my alarm

Reactions: S3_Jacko, Sevv, Zak0123 and 1 other person
theres a block of council garages near me and some pikey's ripped off the roof of a garage (the door was heavily locked and had a garage defender) stripped a car and took all the parts out over the roof. also to add these council garages just have enough room for you to get out the car once in. so in theory getting 4 wheels off on its own would be a nightmare.

basically if someone wants it, they will get it. if someone breaks into your home for the keys, make sure you leave them visable close to the door. its just not worth it. my friends house got broken into for his Porsche keys and he used to hide them really well in a hidden hole at the back of a cupboard. whilst he was asleep with his family and 3 kids they broke in and took more or less everything and left an axe in the living room. could of easily got real nasty real quick, so def not worth risking your own life.

SL4VE.
Totally agree.

It's not worth it.
You can replace a car but not your life.

Reactions: dandav1985
Stereos are so easy it's hardly worth bothering about.

Seats etc require nicking the car though and that means they know where to go to get it.

Even GPS systems can be got around.

Obviously you haven't read the article in the Telegraph about all the RS4 seats being dragged out through the car windows.

So I think this is a really sensible thread and deserves a sensible reply from someone. I don't know anything about alarms but uprated window protection is definitely something I would recommend to help prevent break ins.

Obviously you didn't read my point about if the thief wants it enough it will be taken irrespective of whether or not he drags it out in your driveway or he simply takes the whole car.

I may have included a little humour here and there but I am very well aware of how these people work and behave.

FWIW my experience of targeted thieving is that if you make it difficult for them in one aspect,you may well find them coming into your house to get what they want.

Last edited:
Well my spare key isn't at my home I trust it elsewhere and my main key I literally sleep on, so if the scrotes wonna come in my room to take them, THEY are risking their lifes. I used to leave my keys downstairs but after my friend having her car nicked by hoodlums breaking in and taking keys, I soon stopped that. I think having a tracker on the car to find it after the event is best option.

Assuming you have uPVC double glazing windows, and the fancy locking uPVC front door and rear doors,

and assuming you've locked all of these.....

How hard or easy is it to break into such a house, to nick the car keys? This is a genuine question, as apart from breaking the window, I can't realistically think how you would get through a modern uPVC door without making a lot of noise or mess?

****** hell.

Ok.... That's it ... More dogs.

Hahah assuming that's your dog in your profile pic , that will be enough to scare them off....unless the thieves chuck a big bit of meat to persuade your dog not to eat them. Ha

Obviously you didn't read my point about if the thief wants it enough it will be taken irrespective of whether or not he drags it out in your driveway or he simply takes the whole car.

I may have included a little humour here and there but I am very well aware of how these people work and behave.

FWIW my experience of targeted thieving is that if you make it difficult for them in one aspect,you may well find them coming into your house to get what they want.

Yeah if there coming in to your house during the night then i am sure that they won't think twice to come and wake you up with a bat in your face so I'd leave the keys downstairs .

Reactions: dandav1985 and S3Alex
Veeight,ninja kid and Alex_007

I agree.

Reactions: Alex_007
Assuming you have uPVC double glazing windows, and the fancy locking uPVC front door and rear doors,

How hard or easy is it to break into such a house, to nick the car keys? This is a genuine question, as apart from breaking the window, I can't realistically think how you would get through a modern uPVC door without making a lot of noise or mess?

Can't they take the glass out from the outside as well as the inside? I'm not sure!

The way they see it is, even if they make a lot of noise and they also don't care if you've woken up as long as they are in and out within a couple of mins , they're pretty much away way before the police come .

Ahhh.

I've answered my own question.

I've just found YouTube videos on how easy it is to lock snap Euro Cylinder locks

20 seconds and you're in.

:(

Reactions: S3Alex and Alex_007
Ahhh.

I've answered my own question.

I've just found YouTube videos on how easy it is to lock snap Euro Cylinder locks

20 seconds and you're in.

:(

That's another point.

No point in having bullet proof glass if the door lock is down in 20s.

Security has to include ALL points of entry and then you still have the problem of Joe Burglar bashing your front door in.

Better than smashing my rear door in ..... :p

Reactions: Alex_007 and S3Alex
I would like a dog wonder if the girlfriend will buy this as an excuse lol

Reactions: Dave-S3
Don't get one like mine.

In the absence of burglars it will eat your house instead.

Reactions: voorhees, kwistof, aky20 and 3 others
A friend of mine forgot the keys to his house on a night out on one of the uPVC doors, we then called a locksmith friend who lent us what was literally a laminated piece of A5 card. Having never done it before (and with a few beers in us) we were in within 60 seconds!

Moral of the story… always dead lock your doors!

Always keep your keys out of sight from outside of the house, but in view if someone were to enter. Like everyone says, some people will do anything to get the keys once inside your house.

My uncle was broken into just after Xmas, they used his axe that he uses to chop fire wood to smash right through the glass patio door, and left it just inside on the table... After taking £10K+ of jewellery & electrical items

On a Saturday morning about 11o'clock!!

I've been a glazier for over 15yrs and security is getting better... But criminals will always be that one step ahead unfortunately, it's not until the weak points are found that improvements can be made

I've just got home and inspected my Euro Cylinder locks on front and rear doors.

Needless to say, I'm changing them as soon as !

Does anyone have security glass on their car windows? Surely one of the simpliest/best options?

Very easy. If you have standard euro cylinder locks on your doors or patio/french doors. Happened to me and even the guy who fitted the french doors had never seen it before. More details here Advice relating to Euro cylinder locks - North Yorkshire Police

This happened to us a few years ago. Golf GTi and S3 parked on the drive. Broke into house using above method. Fortunately S3 keys were upstairs. Sadly GTi keys were downstairs. They took nothing else walking past two laptops and a tablet. For an expert it literally takes one blow with a screwdriver or similar tool in the right place. Cylinder snaps, burglar then removes and turns the inside bit to open the door just as you would with a key bypassing all your fancy locking/shoot bolts. 42 seconds to get in on this video.

Lock Snapping - The Euro Cylinder Lock Vulnerability (Inside Out - BBC - 20th Febuary 2012) - YouTube

Needless to say we now have anti snap cylinders and the alarm is now switched on all the time (it wasn't on during the night of the burglarly!)

Reactions: veeeight