EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Retrofit parts off ebay?

Car passed it's first MOT so it's ready to go. I know it's a hot topic so was speaking to the guy who did it about the DPF (haven't touched mine) and they said the new tools for testing if it was working are far too expensive and the visual check for the carcass is all they did.

The retrofits I want to do is the facelift instrument cluster (requiring new wiper stalk) and cruise control. Is it alright to buy the parts on ebay? Are used parts bad? I imagine they've come out of written off cars but presumably what I'm looking for isn't one of those parts that would be too badly affected. I also want a MFSW but they seem expensive, anyone know where I can source a good/cheap option?

Final question, this VAG tool. Were I to switch the clocks myself without this cable, would the car just not work or would I be able to drive it somewhere to get it sorted out?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    the immobiliser is built into the clocks in vag cars so you would need that sorting or it wont do much ! and you need to get the immo code out the old clocks and input it into the new clocks in short , but im not sure if they are the sam immo style on facelift models so you would have to find out if its compatible

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3Tex View Post
    Car passed it's first MOT so it's ready to go. I know it's a hot topic so was speaking to the guy who did it about the DPF (haven't touched mine) and they said the new tools for testing if it was working are far too expensive and the visual check for the carcass is all they did.

The retrofits I want to do is the facelift instrument cluster (requiring new wiper stalk) and cruise control. Is it alright to buy the parts on ebay? Are used parts bad? I imagine they've come out of written off cars but presumably what I'm looking for isn't one of those parts that would be too badly affected. I also want a MFSW but they seem expensive, anyone know where I can source a good/cheap option?

Final question, this VAG tool. Were I to switch the clocks myself without this cable, would the car just not work or would I be able to drive it somewhere to get it sorted out?
    if you switched the clocks the car wouldnt start . Audi@3 on this forum does the dash swaps for people and will travel to do this . he can also supply the clocks and extra keys etc.