xenon headlight facing up

afzal0121

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new here and was wondering if anyone could help?
I have an audi a3 8P, 06 reg. My car was recently involved in an accident, fixed everything, just lights left.

i have factory fitted xenon with auto level, problem i have is both headlights are facing up, so cant drive at night at the moment, need to get it fixed. its like its come off its hinges or something, when i run my fingers through the back off the headlight, i am able to move the bulb up or down, but doesnt stay down. i want to be able to fix this if possible or get some aftermarket lights as they are way too expensive. or find i could fit standard hallogen headlights on my car. (cheap)

anyone got any ideas what i can do? any help appriciated

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps the level sensors had a knock to.
Do the lights do a dnace when first switched on?
Connect to VCDS to see if positions can be reset.

Open back & check if its got the locating metal piece in its channel as such, it could of broken the plastic chassis of the internals, if so then needs repairing & they would need separating to do.

Reactions: afzal0121
sorry for the late response. thanks for the help, took the headlight off, the plastic piece needed to be pushed back in place in the metal adjuster tab. after re fitting the headlight, it now adjusts automatically on start up, no problem.