Odd vibration in MY A3 8P

scott909

Reaction score
Hi All,I have an odd vibration problem with my A3 2.0T 8P 2005 S-Line. It is very hard to describe but I would say it's worse at around 50-70mph and other than these speeds, very little vibration. The vibrations are felt throughout the car and the steering wheel.I've tried having all wheels aligned and calibrated to no avail.Getting very frustrated and any ideas or input is much appreciated.ThanksScott

I recently had this problem, at first with a bulge in a tyre, and then with missing ballancing weights on one side of the wheel.

Sounds steriotypical to be more noticable between 50 and 70 as well so i would strongly suggest that, likely that google would confirm as well man.

Take your care to a garage, Checking a wheel for ballancing is usually free of charge, if its not ballancing it wont cost you money, if it does need ballancing then itll only be a few quid :)

Hope that helps bro

I had the same when I first bought my car, quick trip to HiQ when I got home with the car... tracking / balancing done and the car felt like a new car! Cost about £20 all in!

The wheels have been balanced. I'll take the car in to the local tyre place and get them to check them over for tyre deformity. Thanks for all your help.

I had this same problem when I fit 19" wheels from 18". Turned out to be hub rings needed to be fitted on all four wheels to finish a tighter and more secure fit. A mentioned though, could be
many of the mentioned in previous posts. Hope you get it sorted cos it annoyed me just for 5 days. Wheel shop had to order them in.

Went to the local tyre shop today and they had a look. Turns out my rear N/S wheel is damaged and was therefore producing vibration through the car. They've temporarily swapped it out for an old used (working) one and voila, vibration is gone! They will make the repair of the wheel in the next couple of days and all should be well. Thanks everybody for your input!

Reactions: Hoesty