Advice on audi a3 purchase

cpu2007

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I hope someone can help me decide which car to buy

I am looking for an audi a3 5 door,2 litre diesel,white
Now the version of the car that I like seems to be the black edition start and stop, the one where it has flat bottom steering wheel,half leather etc.

However the price of the black edition is around 4-5k more than the standard audi a3.

What I am trying understand is, is it there any other difference between the black edition and standar one other than flat bottom wheel,leather etc?(I mean is it there any major difference in term of engine etc?)

if not, would it be worth buying a standard edition and change things like putting a flat bottom wheel and other things to make it look like a black edition?how much will that cost?

Thank you

Obviously double check the spec of the one your looking at but this link should help with what extras you get.....

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/a... Sportback and S3 Sportback Black Edition.pdf

Note some of the older black editions didn't have Bluetooth as standard and Rotor alloys were on the later models, also note that these bits listed are over and above the S line...... The list is even longer over standard spec inc different suspension and trim levels etc.

If you add up the options to upgrade then you'll soon find the price ain't too bad....... Flat bottom wheels usually get a good £300-400 used, xenon with Led are an easy £1000 upgrade and so on

Hope that helps pal

Thank you for the prompt reply
That makes sense therefore it's worth getting a black edition.
It will be the first time I'll be buying an audi and I was thinking of getting a car under 40k mileage but they are expensive.
So I'm wondering, in terms of reliability, at what mileage would it be safe to buy an audi a3 black edition?(I know there are many other factors to keep in mind but just want an estimate)
and what should be a good price for these type of cars ?

As long as the cars had everything it needs mileage really shouldn't be a massive issue.

If you look at at anything 5 years or older it should of really had its cambelt and water pump done on age, or at 75k miles. This can add at least £400 to your purchase if it needs doing so use it to haggle a little or request it's done if you buy from a dealer.

Decide the colour that your want, make a list of must haves inc Nav, Bluetooth, full leather, auto, parking etc and then narrow down the search. All these options can be added (other than auto) and you'll find loads of people on here that can offer to retro fit stuff but if you buy it with it'll save you some hassle.

Finally look at how long your thinking of keeping the car and what mileage you do. If you do low mileage buying something a little up will obviously average out over time....... So many variables it's all down to personal choice, the only thing I can say is I have the car your looking at and love it, decided to keep it a while longer because it ticks so many boxes for what I need.

Thank you
there's this car that I've seen on autotrader, I haven't contacted the person as it's a private seller and I'm scared of buying cars from private sellers because they are sold as seen and I was once sold a golf that ended up being a bad purchase.
Now I am more careful and looking at this car I really like it because it does have very good specs but it's suspiciously very cheap as well
Will you be able to give me your personal opinion on the following car@
Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 5dr [Start Stop]

Before you buy, test-drive a Dsg.:sm4:

Whatever you buy, good service history is the best guide, not mileage.

Thank you
there's this car that I've seen on autotrader, I haven't contacted the person as it's a private seller and I'm scared of buying cars from private sellers because they are sold as seen and I was once sold a golf that ended up being a bad purchase.
Now I am more careful and looking at this car I really like it because it does have very good specs but it's suspiciously very cheap as well
Will you be able to give me your personal opinion on the following car@
Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 5dr [Start Stop]

Looks ok but not my cup of tea due to styling mainly

If it were my money I'd look at something like this

Vehicle View - Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI Black Edition - Hessle

Main dealer in hull so will have good history,they will check over everything and correct any bits like alloy scuffs etc and I've found them really good. I use hull Audi and speak with the main after service manager Dale Goddard who in my opinion has been excellent for anything I've needed.

As it's main dealer they will have some play in price in the car, they will offer good rate finance.........oh and more than likely 12 month warranty.

No pics so it's probably new stock

Thank you, unfortunately without picture I can't give a proper comparison.
The car that I've linked in my previous post looks good to me because of few things,(half leather,sat nav,led light,flat steering wheel,alloy wheels, brand new tyres)

I just checked the link i posted and it seems to be redirecting to anotheAudi A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition 5dr [Start Stop]

Is this the car you've seen in my previous post?the one that says new timing belt and waterpump

I'm asking this because you said you didn't like the styling and I thought what could be possible bad about it as your's a black edition too but then when I checked the link it was of a car with no styling on it ah.
so the link I posted now is of the right car.

Thank you, unfortunately without picture I can't give a proper comparison.
The car that I've linked in my previous post looks good to me because of few things,(half leather,sat nav,led light,flat steering wheel,alloy wheels, brand new tyres)

I just checked the link i posted and it seems to be redirecting to anotheAudi A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition 5dr [Start Stop]

Is this the car you've seen in my previous post?the one that says new timing belt and waterpump

I'm asking this because you said you didn't like the styling and I thought what could be possible bad about it as your's a black edition too but then when I checked the link it was of a car with no styling on it ah.
so the link I posted now is of the right car.

Yup, it was the other one I was getting directed to.......

This one looks a little too good to be true, it has no mileage listed so I'd hazard a guess its gonna be near or over the 100k at that price?

Reactions: cpu2007
I've noticed that the car I'm looking for it's a couple of thousands pounds more expensive if the white colour is bought.
I wanna buy the white colour so I was wondering, is it worth to buy a non white colour which is cheaper and then paint it or it's not worth it and I should spend more and buy the white one?

Buy a white one! Buying another colour and gettin it painted to look spot on will be quite expensive!