VCDS reporting error after fitting S3 alloy pedals.

IanCaunce

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently fitted S3 alloy pedals to my 2.0tdi A3 S-line DSG and after which I scanned the car using VCDS. It reported an error saying 2 accelerator sensors had "Signal too low". I simply cleared the code and fingers cross it hasn't returned. I put this down to removing the old pedal shortly after a drive and not leaving the car for 15 minutes or not disconnecting the battery. Non of the guides said I had to do this.

Does this sound correct, or could I have nackered something? Also, do I need to configure the new pedal using VCDS?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm i recently did this mod from a guide on here like u i never disconnected battery had no faults showing

Did you switch the ignition on with the pedal connected?

Never had any errors when fitting mine.

I only switched the ignition on once I had reconnected the pedal. I did fit them just after I had got bak from a drive and I read somewhere afterwards that you should leave the car for 15minutes prior to disconnecting the pedals. Only had the car a month, hopefully I haven't nackered something already!

Rescan in a couple of days and see if the fault re-appears.

I removed mine straight away and didn't have any issues.

Rescan in a couple of days and see if the fault re-appears.

I removed mine straight away and didn't have any issues.

Will do. Hopefully it won't happen again. What made me think it was simply cause by disconnecting the pedal is because VCDS said the error was thrown twice. I unplugged the pedal twice. I have abit of an OCD not knowing what caused a problem in the first place

Scanned it again today and still no issues. Knowing me I probably left the key in the ignition or something. However, I measured group 30 in the engine controller and at idle the G185 sensor measured 0.760v and the G79 sensor measured 0.380v. Every so often with my foot off the pedal, this slightly fluctuated to something like G185: 0.690v, G79 0.304V but then immediately returned to the normal idle values. Does this sound correct?

Can you 100% say you didn't have the key in that ignition barrel when you un-plugged that Acce pedal?

I am almost certain I didn't but to be completely honest I cannot say with 100% certainty. I know i turned the ignition off but the part I cannot say with certainty is removing the key from the ignition.