A3 2.0 convertible chrome roof trim corrosion

Sam_Wilko

Reaction score
Hi all,

It is my first time on a forum and would appreciate any advice/feedback with regards to a corrosion issue on my a3.

I have a 58 plateAudi A3 convertible and where the roof meets the bodywork, the chrome trim is coming away and as a result is now corroding. Now it is my view, particularly due to the age of the car that this is a manufacturers defect that shouldn't happen and as you can imagine my local Audi dealer is not interested. This whilst at the minute is only the chrome trim that is corroding, there is nothing to say this won't get worse and start affecting the actual bodywork which would be a whole new issue!

I am currently taking this up with Audi Uk,pushing for them to agree to rectifying this issue at their cost, considering this trim should be designed to withstand the lifetime of the car.

If anyone else is experiencing similar issue with their Audi A3 it would be good to hear from you.

Thanks Sam

Ps I've got some photos but not sure how to upload them!!!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but don't all Audi's came with 12 years anti-corrosion warranty?

They do for corrosion to the bodywork, however they are classifying this an external component and not bodywork.

Corrosion
Corrosion 2
Corrosion 3

Hi Sam,

I have just come across your comment and I wanted to know if you had managed to speak to Audi or if anything has happened since you're last post?

I have exactly the same issue with my 58 plate Audi A3 convertible. I have been fighting this now for about 2 years. Every Audi representative I have spoke to has been anything other than helpful and they are just trying to get rid of me. I took it to head office but they say they have to go off what my local dealer says and if I am not happy with it pay £200 to get an independent check though one of there preferred companies of course!

I have threatened bad publicity and everything else I can but it doesn't phase them.

I am still going to be taking this further so I am just interested to see if you have done anything else that may have worked.

Thanks.