Autograph Cars! Did they close the business?

A3SBQ

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG
Reaction score
Hi all.
i have tried to get hold of the people at Autograph Cars girl some time.
it seems they are not in buisness anymore. Tried mailing and calling them for a month without any luck.

Does anyone her know the company? Since I am in Norway it's a bit hard to just stop by.
Here is there web page.
Car Servicing, ECU Remapping, Engine Tuning, In Car Audio - Autograph Cars Burnley Lancashire

I appreciate your help guys...

Thanks

What exactly do you need from them? or what is it that you're interested in purchasing?

As above, what is it you want exactly? I'm not a million miles away from Burnley, but its a bit far to go just to see if a company exists (40ish minutes).

If you let us know what you want then maybe we can recommend somewhere else that could help?

Hi guys.
Thanks for helping.
I bought a DSG programming cables back in October 2013
I was super exited to finally get my box tuned with a custom program.
Andrew Waren who is the manager I think is a top guy on the phone and answered all my questions.

The problem is that the cables are not working due some sw changes from the producer.
I was then promised a quick fix but this didn't happened.
After several month back and forth I am stil running stock DSG sw and the last mouth I haven't
bean able to get contact with the shop or Andrew.
If I call the line is disconnected after a second.
I had a company that I deal with that's located in Stockport call them but it seams the phone is out of order.

So my last chance was to check here with you guys and see if someone here had some info.
It seems that I lost my £450 on this deal.

Thanks and I appreciate all the info I can get.

Just looked on their facebook page and somebody else has commented that they went to see them and the place looked empty. That was on the 24th of February. However Autograph cars then posted on the 26th of Feb that they were tinkering with a Fiesta ST.

So that's as clear as mud then.

Oh.... thanks for the info.
My last email and phone call was the 5th of February. after that I got nothing.....

I also read the Facebook info about the Fiesta ST. ****....

They've not tweeted anything since the end of Feb either. It all seems a bit odd as their website is still live and the shop part of it still seems to function. I'd have expected if they had closed down that they would have put something on the website or social media. Unless someones disappeared and done a runner.

Have a look at their twitter https://twitter.com/Autographtuning they posted a mobile number for somebody who works there I think, might be worth looking into.

Thanks for this.
I tried to call him but got the answering machine... The voice mail confirmed its Andrew's phone. (he is the voice)
I think he recognize my no. so he did not answer...
Can you maybe try and call him on that no. and just check if the business is closed for good or if they are starting up again?

Thanks...

I've just called it and it rings for a while then goes to voicemail. If something has gone wrong with the business chances are that he will be screening his calls and only returning the calls he wants to.

I can have a drive up to the address on the website at the weekend if it would help confirm anything, although judging by the facebook comment I would expect to find it empty :-(

Reactions: DriverN00B and Nilz
Thanks you SmithyAG.
You've don enough... Thanks buddy...

I texted him on his phone so lets see what happens.
I'll post opp some info if I get any....

No worries pal. Ive got a mate who lives in Burnley, I've dropped him a text to see if he knows of them or is near enough to swing by. I'll let you know if I get a response!

one of my and andrews mates from leeds says hes closed
but still doing work from somewhere else
and he knows andrew very well

Any way If you can find out where or some details? Not after a witch hunt or anything like that, just to see if he can offer any advice or support to the OP?

one of my and andrews mates from leeds says hes closed
but still doing work from somewhere else
and he knows andrew very well

Thanks for this information to. I don't want to give Andrew a bad word but I think all understand my situation.
I really liked him for the great help and technical support.

If you could bring my message to him via your friend I am willing to wait for him to sort out things with the new shop.
This I wrote in the sms text send today.

Thanks guys for helping me out this far...

Hi guys.
Guess what! Andrew texted me back and described the situation and promised to try and help me. He was not the owner of the shop, only the manager so he had little to do with the closing of the shop.

I can't thank you enough for helping me source the no from the tweeter page.
Bez101 if you had something to do with Andrew getting back to me on the sms I am grateful ;-)

So the company Autograph Cars are Indeed closed but Andrew is still in the business... That's good since I heard he made some good tunes.