2005 rnse

martin_s3

Reaction score
I have a 2005 rnse in my 2009 s3 with the 2005 sw0100 hwh50 disc which is a tad dated to say the least! I didn't know much about them when I bought it so my question is- is it worth buying an updated disc to get newer software maps etc or am I aswell just selling the unit on and buying a mk2 unit?

Martin, if you buy a set of RNSE discs for, say, 2012 you will get a useful map update, and also the new discs will update the operating system. The maps do not change a lot each year, so the 2012 (or 2013) maps will be quite useable. If you do have a lot of cash to spend, then the Mk2 units are nicer, with better screens. You will then need to buy the discs to go with it. However, what you have now with an updated disk will still work well. One word of caution. There are a lot of cheap 'copy' discs available, which do not always seem to work well in the RNS-E. Best if you can find a genuine Audi disc set at a good price from someone who has just upgraded. Good luck.

Does your TMC work ?
The firmware changed in 2007 to upgrade the TMC which didn't work in 2005.
If you do replace your discs could I be cheeky and borrow them. I need to downgrade my firmware the upgrade again to remove a bug. I would cover postage and return the discs.

No my tmc has a line through it I don't even know what it's for.. Haha

Yeah that wouldn't be a problem mate.

OK.Any disc from 2007 will make your TMC work.
Its for traffic congestion info.
When planning a route it can take you round the traffic jam..
I'll send you a PM regarding disc.

I'm wanting to install aux and require sw650 I don't suppose you know what year that came out?

Not sure. I fitted Aux to mine when I had 2010 discs.

Does your TMC work ?
The firmware changed in 2007 to upgrade the TMC which didn't work in 2005.
If you do replace your discs could I be cheeky and borrow them. I need to downgrade my firmware the upgrade again to remove a bug. I would cover postage and return the discs.

Pretty sure that you can't downgrade the firmware by just putting an older disc in. It can only be done by vcds I believe

Pretty sure that you can't downgrade the firmware by just putting an older disc in. It can only be done by vcds I believe

I have VCDS. Just need a 2005 disc with the older firmware..