So little room in engine bay!!

Josh-h

Reaction score
Why is there no room under an bonnet. Trying to place or stick my ballast somewhere from my light kit and I can't find a possible place to stick it. Frustrating. Anyone else had this problem and solved it would be much appreciated. Cheers josh.

Tried changing bulbs through the front. Let's say my hand couldn't even twist the caps off.

Reactions: Jasonchim
I can just fit my hands in. But finding a nice place for the ballast is a nightmare

guessing your installing some rubbish ebay HID's then, have fun.

my hid ballasts sit nicely inside the headlight housing

Good for you, you want a medal or blue peter badge.

I'm asking advice not a rant about rubbish products when you don't no what's been brought. I will have fun thank you so much. If you got no advice no need to ask.

Reactions: Adam_A3_
Were did you bring it from?

Seriously, there is plenty of space in the bay to hide ballasts. Take the front bumper off you will have places behind there too.

Reactions: TonyH38
From a car light place in leicester.

Thanks will have a look cheers tho for advice mate.

Good for you, you want a medal or blue peter badge.

I'm asking advice not a rant about rubbish products when you don't no what's been brought. I will have fun thank you so much. If you got no advice no need to ask.

only saying because you'll eventually be on here creating ANOTHER thread asking why your wipers don't work. and i wasn't giving you advise, it was a statement. I've given advise about this topic before if you cared to read around.

i recently ripped my hands to pieces installing led drls from tups +phillips diamond vision main beam plus fogs in the end i removed wheels and arch liner, to get in there. Left side 1hr right side 20mins when i figured out how they went in. But happy with the results better than the yellowish bulbs that were in there.

Reactions: Jasonchim
"error free/ wiper motor safe" by any chance ..... have fun buying a new wiper motor

If my treads are blocking your life why you even a member on this site if you just go around moaning and threads really? So we all not experts like you think you are. Like I said your bothered cuz you writing on my tread I'm asking you direct am I. So keep ya attitude and opinions to ya self. I'm just asking as new to audi that's all. So I might do a tread about my wipers just cuz I can. As let me remind it's a forum. You ask question. So leave my threads and I'll leave yours. Simple as that no child **** simple.

I'v brought hid kit so if my wipers goes it goes no drama buy another. Everyone thinks experts on this site ya all up ya own ***** and think highly wow shows much gratitude to new members.

Ok you google that. Attitude yeah cuz u not getting it I'm asking advice but you act like a boss. Your just another man so have respect and talk with it instead of talking like your high up. From me asking about something you have a snobby comment if not and you wanna help then do it if not **** off.

hahaaa, that link will actually help you if you click it.

you know, you could always get a large bit of velcro and stick the ballast to somewhere like the back of the headlight housing.

or maybe attach them both to the cam belt, you'll be saving yourself a bill for a wiper motor at least

Lol, tensions running high!

I've seen ballasts sort of placed just behind the headlight, seemed to be plenty of room :-/ just secure it in and you'll be fine.

Also this is definitely one of the friendliest forums I've been on! Think you've just got off on wrong foot pal :)

It is an awesome forum mate and everyone Is helpful, just do a little research and you will see there are multiple threads that all come to the same conclusion with aftermarket HID's , people are trying to help.

Yes and I Understand and have been some good advice thanks which I always reply saying thank you. But when someone comments saying rubbish products is disrespectful on my terms when asking just pure advice. And on that note my lights work a treat thank you all. I plead to get along as it's a helpful site but will always stand back and not take **** when I never gave any to start with.

Reactions: southylad
Just chucked them in ATM tbh need to clean up the engine bay and mess with wires photos will follow tomorrow. Cheers.

I wanted to add HID to my cars, but didnt want to get a blown wiper motor :(

looking forward to the pictures

Welcome to the forums Josh

There are some incredibly knowledgeable people on here who've seen forum members make quite costly mistakes, and unfortunately another week brings another new member and the circle goes round and it happens again. Read into the previous threads that people just don't actually want to see you out of pocket chap and cutting your nose off to spit your face (and at risk of a safety issue).

Whatever you do, best to make sure it will stand up to MoT scrutiny otherwise it will end up being a right PITA.

Welcome to the forums Josh

There are some incredibly knowledgeable people on here who've seen forum members make quite costly mistakes, and unfortunately another week brings another new member and the circle goes round and it happens again. Read into the previous threads that people just don't actually want to see you out of pocket chap and cutting your nose off to spit your face (and at risk of a safety issue).

Whatever you do, best to make sure it will stand up to MoT scrutiny otherwise it will end up being a right PITA.

Unfortunately people don't find these previous threads, like the one I made about aftermarket hid's which don't ruin your wiper motor.

The trouble is, the threads dissapear deep into the forum because of new threads made daily like this.

Isn't it about time the admins looked at the structure of the forum and created a place where threads where product reviews can be placed. I'm not talking about adding them to the list in the stickys because nobody reads them. I'm thinkin oabout having a sub board within this board to make it tidy.

I think it's the only way to stop things like this popping up daily, take a look at other forums and most have a structure like I've stated.

Hi Smurfworth,

Can you provide us with the link to the HID you use that doesnt affect he wiper motor?

Unfortunately people don't find these previous threads, like the one I made about aftermarket hid's which don't ruin your wiper motor.

The trouble is, the threads dissapear deep into the forum because of new threads made daily like this.

Isn't it about time the admins looked at the structure of the forum and created a place where threads where product reviews can be placed. I'm not talking about adding them to the list in the stickys because nobody reads them. I'm thinkin oabout having a sub board within this board to make it tidy.

I think it's the only way to stop things like this popping up daily, take a look at other forums and most have a structure like I've stated.

I will ask, but the experience I've had over the last 15 years is that people aren't always genuinely interested in hunting down info; their first port of call is to create a thread because they want an immediate answer or due to excitement of work they are undertaking / wanting to share it.

So to be absolutely clear, are you suggesting a section on modifications / guides and product review (sub folders) for each model variant, or something different.

Hi Smurfworth,

Can you provide us with the link to the HID you use that doesnt affect he wiper motor?

Here it is again, just to prove a point, this is the second time I've posted this, in the second thread about HID's created by the same user!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/206299-well-done-hid-review.html

I will ask, but the experience I've had over the last 15 years is that people aren't always genuinely interested in hunting down info; their first port of call is to create a thread because they want an immediate answer or due to excitement of work they are undertaking / wanting to share it.

So to be absolutely clear, are you suggesting a section on modifications / guides and product review (sub folders) for each model variant, or something different.

Obviously this is the case, as this topic pops up every few days.

That is correct what I'm suggesting, it's also been suggested before that we have a place where everyone can pub their build threads for that model/variant within a separate sub section too. As these things often pop up in build threads, like mine.

I'm guessing there would only be a few pages of reviews within a new sub section because there isn't a huge amount of products out there. However it would be easier than going through 900 or so pages within one forum to find what your looking for.

Last edited:
OK, I'll run it past the admin and see what they think.