Car boosting strange

Yonner

Reaction score
Hi guys need some advice , car had been boosting weird , if input car into 4th gear and put foot down it starts to pull then when it gets to 3000rpm it will jump to 4000rpm and deliver boost weird , I have a video of this and will upload when I am on my pc later , after driving the car last night again it seemed like there is a boost leak now as it sounded like I had a dump valve and no boost in some gears ? Then other times it would boost ? Cheers for any input on this :)

Check your Diverter Valve, they are known to cause issues when knackered. Check which revision you have. Rev D seems to be the popular one, but I went to Rev G as I was informed it is the better of the 2.

Had this on my passat 1.8T turned out to be air flow meter faulty, replaced it and car pulled harder than ever

Thanks for the suggestions guys , I put it on laptop and it had a MAF error , cleared it and all boost is back :)

Guys boost don't seen to be there again and now the car started idling from 1k rpm and revving upto 2k and some times 3k on it's own while stationery ? I had it on vcds and this is the fault , any help appreciated :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395395312634644