Dpf again

Robcobras

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a search but I'm confused.

my dpf light keeps coming on and after burning it off in 4th at 2k it goes off but comes on again after a month or so. Is it possible to physically take the dpf out to clean it and remove the soot?

I cant seem to get my head round the replies from previous posters.

thanks
:)

Hi, I've had a search but I'm confused.

my dpf light keeps coming on and after burning it off in 4th at 2k it goes off but comes on again after a month or so. Is it possible to physically take the dpf out to clean it and remove the soot?

I cant seem to get my head round the replies from previous posters.

thanks
:)

Dpfs can be removed and chemically cleaned I saw a company called dpf genie online might be worth a try.

Depending on your driving type it is normal for it to come on from time to time. Urban stop-start driving and short trips where the car doesn't come up to temperature clog the DPF up pretty quickly. I find mine comes on perhaps once or twice a year, normally after a period of short trips. The car is generally used for longer commutes where it doesn't come on.

I disected my DPF off my old 170 and it was really clean inside, almost no ash at all as the normal regeneration process really does burn it off. So if you did have it "cleaned" it will only do the same thing in a matter of days IMO.

To avoid it get it removed and remapped. But make sure they "Gut" the DPF and re-weld it so it looks factory at a glance.

DPF delete and remap had it on my Leon FR genuinely night n day between them bags of torque and better power delivery (smoother)

DPF delete is now an MOT failure.... Ok gutting it... But they will soon latch onto this. :wtf:

In the 12 months prior to removing my DPF i never had the DPF light come on. My daily commute was 4 miles in which time the car hardly got any temperature into it. By all accounts thats prime conditions for clogging the DPF

The light generally comes on because there is a fault. Id advise getting it checked out before you end up with an expensive bill.....

The way it's driven in urban environments also affects it too. If my girlfriend drives the car the light is more prone to come on as she accelerates harder than I do!

The way it's driven in urban environments also affects it too. If my girlfriend drives the car the light is more prone to come on as she accelerates harder than I do!

Your bird accelerates harder than you do ? Dunno if I'd be shouting that on a car forum lol :)

Reactions: Mikemc and Rhyso
How's your average garage gonna know ? If the emissions are under..... Sweet

Quite easily, tapping the empty DPF with a spanner, you'll know its been gutted.

Have a look into "terraclean" cleans the whole engine and exhaust system including the DPF of all carbon and soot build up.

Your bird accelerates harder than you do ? Dunno if I'd be shouting that on a car forum lol :)

It's a TDI, bought it to maximise mpg :arco: I don't mean she wheelspins off everywhere, she drives like 95% of the population in urban driving; unnecessary acceleration without anticipation of the next red light, joining the race to 37mph, harsher throttle use but not actually going faster anywhere!