Brakes need replacing!

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys my a3 just passed it's mot but been advised on brakes all round!
what should I go for any recommendations, it's a 2007 2.0 tdi (140) sportback

thanks

I just got a set of mintex rear disc and pads for £38 from ap performance on eBay. I'm looking to spend a bit more up front with Brembo max discs (£80ish) and ferodo Premier pads (£40ish).

I just bought Mintex pads and discs all round for less than £100 from ebay, can't for the life of me remember where from. One was something like eparts and one set was from a motor factors online shop.

Still not got round to fitting them!

I was thinking drilled and grooved cos obviously look nicer, don't do track days etc so don't need high performance, Iv heard mintex pads are a good shout!

Nice one cheers guys, is 288mm front and 255mm rears the most common, would be a right pain removing them just to measure!
Also I see on eBay alot of pad fitting kits... What are these for?
Would people avoid drilled and grooved then, it's only a daily but want them to look the part too! Lol

Thanks

The A3 I have now is my first German car, coming from the Jap cars and based on that experience I would avoid Mintex cos they seem to squeak a lot in the summer when they are dry?

I noticed the mintex gave out a lot of dust as well on my previous st

Maybe not mintex pads then, any others?
Are mtec discs worth a go or not?

Maybe not mintex pads then, any others?
Are mtec discs worth a go or not?

Fitted these Mtec rears 225mm last year with EBC pads works ok for me.

Im in the same boat, been told I need to replace all discs and pads.
Thinking I may as well upgrade to s3 fronts.

Would it matter if I just left standard audi rear discs & pads and for the 345mm fronts either do brembo max grooved or mtec grooved , along with s3 calipers/carriers/pads?
I've been trying to find the answer, but when I replace the calipers, would I need new hoses too? I currently have a 2.0 TDI quattro.

to be honest im going to run febi disk with ferodo pads on my s3 as the disks are cheap and they should be of oe quality for a fraction of the price

Can anyone confirm if all v6 3.2 have 345mm brakes?
I've found a set of calipers from some breakers, but want to make sure before paying for them.

Can anyone confirm if all v6 3.2 have 345mm brakes?
I've found a set of calipers from some breakers, but want to make sure before paying for them.

yes all audi a3 8p v6 3.2 and golf mk5 r32 have the same brakes