Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Sold my black edition a3 for an imola yellow s3

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel

Sold my black edition a3 for an imola yellow s3

Hi guys some of you may already recognise me from the forum. Last week I became the proud owner of an 11 plate s3 it has all the whistles and bells that I could of ever wanted ie black edition, s tronic, 3 doors, rnse cruise control sunroof etc etc. I was lucky enough to be given an 8v s3 for the weekend last month and I fell instantly in love with the Quattro and extra power that it had over my previous a3 2.0 tdi. I really liked my a3 but it just didn't have the performance that I was after and the 8v is out of my price range for just now as I study law in the evenings and that requires a good portion of my salary so the 8p3 was the next logical decision. I have always been a fan of the imola yellow but didn't think I would ever own one as I am used to black cars but decided it was time for a change and I'm glad I did! It gets some amount of positive attention. The car is excellent I managed to take it out for it's first proper drive of Sunday at a piston heads run and boy can it perform! I was happily keeping up with all the big guns such as Carrera s's gtrs and m3s on the country roads! Best driving experience iv ever had and a great day out. I have a few mods in mind such as putting my rs3 grill on this weekend with my short number plates, some led number plate lights that I managed to source that don't throw up error codes and a few other bits and pieces. I shall update the thread as and when I can. I'll be looking to go stage 1 in the summer then see where it takes me. Slippery slope that modding is as I'm sure you all are more than aware of haha! Anyway enough of my rambling here's some pics. Hope you like her
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    What the hell is happening with the letter size ricardo!?? Sore eyes ha...

dunno whats just happened, but its better now.... And you already know what I think of your car...? Snider!! Haha na love it... Probably hate it after the wkend though! And it looks like it will be raining sat and sun... So it doesnt really what matter what day it is, just need to grab the waterproofs...
    R90 STL likes this.
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit gogz s3's Instagram Channel
    As i said on IG Rich, what a stunning car.
    R90 STL likes this.
    Audi S3, Sprint Blue, Black Edition

Stationary

Status
    That's looking great, the combination of the black grille & the rotors compliment the imola yellow really well! Good choice
    Last edited by Mr_Sixx; 5th March 2014 at 14:00.
    R90 STL likes this.
    2012 A3 Tdi 170 S Line Black Edition

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Superb choice Rich......and a nice rare colour.....too many sprint blues around.....lol
    R90 STL likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Thanks fellas really appreciate it. Iv been after one for long enough! Jacko we can use the garage if worst comes to it. Only thing it might ruin is your paul walker pic haha! After this weekend they will be looking A1. Cheers mark I was torn between the yellow and white but got a better deal on the yellow in the end plus means our cars won't be identical after all haha! I was sold on the s3 after u took me out in yours at Krispy Kreme meet but just couldn't get the spec I was looking for then. For once being semi patient paid off. Should hopefully keep this a good few years until 8v rs3 makes an appearance
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

1st Gear

Status
    Looks spot on mate

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by nil538 View Post
    Looks spot on mate
    Cheers dude you don't see too many around which is one of the best things about it

Stop me

Status
    Very nice
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by immo View Post
    Very nice
    cheers dude! cant wait to get the paint corrected on it. it will really enhance the colour

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice car, love the yellow!

Sometimes I wish my S3 was a different colour, something a bit more special.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by stetheo View Post
    Nice car, love the yellow!

Sometimes I wish my S3 was a different colour, something a bit more special.
    thanks mate. I know my original preference was black white or sprint blue but the yellow will stand out from the crowd and to me I think the colour is awesome! grey and yellow go well together
    stetheo likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Superb choice Rich......and a nice rare colour.....too many sprint blues around.....lol
    And your point is Mark!? Ha.... Sprint Blue rules, thats how!
    grchmason likes this.
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    And your point is Mark!? Ha.... Sprint Blue rules, thats how!
    so does rare mean they suck?

S3J
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    Hi guys some of you may already recognise me from the forum. Last week I became the proud owner of an 11 plate s3 it has all the whistles and bells that I could of ever wanted ie black edition, s tronic, 3 doors, rnse cruise control sunroof etc etc. I was lucky enough to be given an 8v s3 for the weekend last month and I fell instantly in love with the Quattro and extra power that it had over my previous a3 2.0 tdi. I really liked my a3 but it just didn't have the performance that I was after and the 8v is out of my price range for just now as I study law in the evenings and that requires a good portion of my salary so the 8p3 was the next logical decision. I have always been a fan of the imola yellow but didn't think I would ever own one as I am used to black cars but decided it was time for a change and I'm glad I did! It gets some amount of positive attention. The car is excellent I managed to take it out for it's first proper drive of Sunday at a piston heads run and boy can it perform! I was happily keeping up with all the big guns such as Carrera s's gtrs and m3s on the country roads! Best driving experience iv ever had and a great day out. I have a few mods in mind such as putting my rs3 grill on this weekend with my short number plates, some led number plate lights that I managed to source that don't throw up error codes and a few other bits and pieces. I shall update the thread as and when I can. I'll be looking to go stage 1 in the summer then see where it takes me. Slippery slope that modding is as I'm sure you all are more than aware of haha! Anyway enough of my rambling here's some pics. Hope you like her
    Haha i'm fairly sure from that last pic that this is the car that was parked next to the one I bought a few weeks ago! Inchcape Audi? I veto'd it on the colour because it looked pretty washed out in the dealer pic but yours look a lot better, lovely car!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3J View Post
    Haha i'm fairly sure from that last pic that this is the car that was parked next to the one I bought a few weeks ago! Inchcape Audi? I veto'd it on the colour because it looked pretty washed out in the dealer pic but yours look a lot better, lovely car!
    haha it will be mate that's where I bought it from! so was it YOU that bought the sprint blue s3 that I phoned up to enquire about haha? yeah the pics they took definitely don't do it justice I enhanced that slightly on instagram but the colour in real life is awesome. took a chance with it as it did look a bit washed out. full paint correction would have sorted it which was my logic but its really bright in person. Will still be getting the detailing treatment though

S3J
    Neutral

Status
    Ahh no, I had the Ibis white one but yeah it was with the Blue and Yellow in a trio at the same dealer haha, it got taken off the site pretty quickly and pulled to a closer dealership so I didn't have to drive 400 miles in a day just to decide!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

That must have been sold then before I bought mine as it wasn't on the website. Nice spec tho! I took the gamble and asked them to bring it up to me in glasgow and fell in love with it when I saw it haha

Reverse Gear

Status
    I didn't realise how lovely the yellow is, looks fab in your photos :-)

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo_2014 View Post
    I didn't realise how lovely the yellow is, looks fab in your photos :-)
    Still very yellow even at night

Reverse Gear

Status
    Orange was the only colour that I really didn't fancy, but this yellow does look quite special to be fair

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo_2014 View Post
    Orange was the only colour that I really didn't fancy, but this yellow does look quite special to be fair
    Cheers dude it's not to everyone's taste but that's not why I bought it. I bought it because I like it

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lee+Ash_a3 on Facebook
    Lovely in yellow

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Lee+Ash_a3 View Post
    Lovely in yellow
    Cheers mate

2nd Gear

Status
    image.jpg

Still very yellow even at night
    Ohh even at night still looks cracking!
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by stetheo View Post
    Ohh even at night still looks cracking!
    It's a weird colour it seems to come alive at night!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    lovely motor :D
    enjoy it :D
    R90 STL likes this.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    I do like a yellow motor............ Fell in love with an S5 in that colour.

Enjoy buddy, sure you will
    Audi A3 S-Line Sportback Black Edition
    White, 2009 2.0d 140bhp.
    DRL's, Xenons, RNSE, Bluetooth,

to do
    Cruise, OEM Parking sensors, footwell lights, ambient light

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Walts2782 View Post
    I do like a yellow motor............ Fell in love with an S5 in that colour.

Enjoy buddy, sure you will
    I'm sure I will. I consider myself very lucky to have a car like this. It was only 3 years ago I drove vw lupo haha I've come a long way

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice car, there was a lady called paulie who had a yellow s3 on here had tasty mods dig up her posts
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by discostu49 View Post
    Nice car, there was a lady called paulie who had a yellow s3 on here had tasty mods dig up her posts
    Yeah iv drawn some inspiration from her thread image.jpgjust missing some chrome rings! It'll go on this weekend
    discostu49 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Wow! What a nice colour... it looks absolutely stunning, very nice colour contrast as well, black and yellow works really well!

Hope you enjoy that bad boy mate, n drive safe

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks brother. Quattro means I'm in good hands

3rd Gear

Status
    Welcome to the Imola Yellow club, one of the brightest colours available. Mine stands out like a sore thumb in the work car park.
    Nice example you have there.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Jnr View Post
    Welcome to the Imola Yellow club, one of the brightest colours available. Mine stands out like a sore thumb in the work car park.
    Nice example you have there.
    It's certainly a very exclusive club! Awesome colour

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Some pics from today's mods! Loving the rs3 grill and new plates! Helped with S3_Jackoimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pics of the cars together. He done his new grill today as well. Cars look spot on. Great day too! Followed by a snow foam
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    L1ARR, Mr_Sixx and jimpa10 like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    Looks belting!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmcblue View Post
    Looks belting!
    Thanks mate! U must have trolled through a lot of old threads to get to this haha hasn't been updated I a while. Peak exam time just now so not had much of a chance to do anything to her. Next month I'll be looking to get a full paint correction fit some new springs (most likely eibachs) then I'll look to get her mapped. Apr stage 1 is my preferred choice. Managed to give it a good clean and fit new plates on eventually but that's about it sadly!
    image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
    rdfcpete likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    Thanks mate! U must have trolled through a lot of old threads to get to this haha hasn't been updated I a while. Peak exam time just now so not had much of a chance to do anything to her. Next month I'll be looking to get a full paint correction fit some new springs (most likely eibachs) then I'll look to get her mapped. Apr stage 1 is my preferred choice. Managed to give it a good clean and fit new plates on eventually but that's about it sadly!
    image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
    It caught my eye in another thread. I'm due to pick up an s3 8v this week so I am struggling to concentrate at times!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmcblue View Post
    It caught my eye in another thread. I'm due to pick up an s3 8v this week so I am struggling to concentrate at times!
    I don't blame u I had the 8v s3 for a weekend and it's some machine! Love the quad exhausts and the noise it makes when you change gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast