Retrofitting Rain And Light sensor.

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So, took the plunge yesterday and ripped the car apart to install the Kufatec loom for the Auto Wipers and lights. I have not got the new windscreen yet so i have dissabled the Auto wipers in VCDS for now.

I have stumbled in an interesting little point though, if you have the newer DRL Light switch with the LED DRL's you do not need a new light switch to make the auto lights work, it is the same as the auto light switch but has 'DRL' in the place where 'AUTO' is, all the wiring inside is the same! :) Saved me £75!!!!

For now the Sensor is tucked into the headlining above the rear view mirror until i change my screen.

Any questions just ask! ;)

So, took the plunge yesterday and ripped the car apart to install the Kufatec loom for the Auto Wipers and lights. I have not got the new windscreen yet so i have dissabled the Auto wipers in VCDS for now.

I have stumbled in an interesting little point though, if you have the newer DRL Light switch with the LED DRL's you do not need a new light switch to make the auto lights work, it is the same as the auto light switch but has 'DRL' in the place where 'AUTO' is, all the wiring inside is the same! :) Saved me £75!!!!

For now the Sensor is tucked into the headlining above the rear view mirror until i change my screen.

Any questions just ask! ;)

Hi mate, been wanting auto lights for ages but wasn't sure what sensor to buy and how much it would cost along with a new windscreen ?

Cheers Alex