Temperature levels

AAR4N

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I was just wondering if someone could let me know if my car is running at the right temp. I have an s3 tfsi 07 plate with 74 k on the clock. My temp gauge ( once the car has warmed up) is always on 90 or just below, is this the normal temp ? Also I noticed my fans running quite alot. Sorry if I seem to be thick I have only had this car just over a month and have had alot of problems so far, ( water pump, timing belt, pcv valve, head gasket) so I am just trying to delete faults.

Thanks for looking.

my gauge has always sat in the middle on every car I've owned, and it sits at 90 when at normal temp for me which i believe is in the middle of the dial

Best thing to do is plug in VCDS as that will give you the actual temp. Even when the needle is on 90 the temp can be anywhere up to 120deg within tolerance.

my gauge has always sat in the middle on every car I've owned, and it sits at 90 when at normal temp for me which i believe is in the middle of the dial

It should not fluctuate from 90 on the dial once up to temperature. You may have a thermostat problem.

Thanks guys. Sorry again for the thickness but what is VCDS ? I am new to audi. Is it a dynastic ?

It should not fluctuate from 90 on the dial once up to temperature. You may a thermostat problem.

i think i expained it wrong, when my engine heats up it reaches 90 which i believe is normal running temp, I've also checked it on the computer aswell for a digital reading, reading it now it looks like i explained my temp gauge is glued to 90 ha

Thanks guys. Sorry again for the thickness but what is VCDS ? I am new to audi. Is it a dynastic ?

Indeed, its diagnostic software/hardware to read and diagnose faults, it also codes items like cruise control.

i think i expained it wrong, when my engine heats up it reaches 90 which i believe is normal running temp, I've also checked it on the computer aswell for a digital reading, reading it now it looks like i explained my temp gauge is glued to 90 ha

Cheers mate. Mine is exactly the same. So am not as worried about that now. Cheers again

Indeed, its diagnostic software/hardware to read and diagnose faults, it also codes items like cruise control.

Cheers mate. Can I buy one of these for a decent price ? And were is the connection on the car its self ?

Cheers mate. Can I buy one of these for a decent price ? And were is the connection on the car its self ?

Drivers footwell, right hand side.

NHN is your man, they're not cheap, but NHN is probably your cheapest option.

Private message NHN here: Private Message

Otherwise, find someone local on the VCDS map and they'll no doubt help you out for a beer token.

Thanks for all your help guys much appreciated :thumbsup: