What remap to go for? Audi A3 2.0TFSI Quattro

You could pay for a remap, or you could just buy a manual boost controller and upgraded diverter valve. Stage 1 is 17psi, which is 245hp and it seems the remap simply changes boost levels to get that power (and moves the redline). I know all this because I have done it myself, you are bound to hear people going on about limp mode, blowing up your engine, running lean etc...and its all bo*l**ks. I personally run 15psi because it equates to 236hp, not enough to notice the difference in power but keeps the turbo speed and temperatures lower.

I must add that I added boost slowly over 2 weeks, ran logs at every stage and watched my temperatures and AFR very closely. If someone just charged into it without testing and research then they could very well blow the engine.

There are quite a few 2.0T Bluefin owners on here, run a search and you'll get some first hand insight.

The map isn't switchable as such, but you can remove & restore it whenever it suits you - which is a bonus for many.

Reactions: ENZO
ye thanks, all the reviews ive seen seem to be good so think im gonna go for it.

ye thanks, all the reviews ive seen seem to be good so think im gonna go for it.

You are going to pay £359 to change your requested boost to 17psi when you can do it yourself for £20?, well maybe you would be interested in some magic beans, or some old rope? its your money to burn bud...

You are going to pay £359 to change your requested boost to 17psi when you can do it yourself for £20?, well maybe you would be interested in some magic beans, or some old rope? its your money to burn bud...
Why not post your resume, your proof, your guarantee and your charge for carrying this out, instead of offering vapour? which we can get anywhere free of charge.

Reactions: CHEZ and s3_trev
I am not a professional car tuner or mechanic, simply an enthusiast who does a lot of research. I offer my advice on this particular point because I have done it myself and know that it works. I offer no guarantees, I do not charge, and I am not in any way trying to cause offence to anyone. I am simply offering advice to a fellow enthusiast on how his objectives can be met much cheaper than paying a company to do something he could do himself. As for proof I have logs that I ran myself, and anyone can see.

easily
I am not a professional car tuner or mechanic, simply an enthusiast who does a lot of research. I offer my advice on this particular point because I have done it myself and know that it works. I offer no guarantees, I do not charge, and I am not in any way trying to cause offence to anyone. I am simply offering advice to a fellow enthusiast on how his objectives can be met much cheaper than paying a company to do something he could do himself. As for proof I have logs that I ran myself, and anyone can see.
Are you sure you're not trying to offend? because the previous statement seems derisory to me:

...well maybe you would be interested in some magic beans, or some old rope?...
Superchips offer a warranty against the engine blowing, your method doesn't - as you've already pointed out.

A remap only changes boost levels???

Stroll on.........

A poor map will. A tried and tested map will alter far more and help ensure your engine doesn't throw a hissy fit

Oh Artimus, people like you are what makes forums so tiresome, typical naysayer who gives his worldly opinion to anyone who will listen. If you are not interested in this thread why don't you go away?. My comment about magic beans was tongue in cheek, perhaps you need to untwist your knickers and have a cocoa to calm down. Personally I couldn't care less if people go to superchips, I only said it was easy to do yourself.

Reactions: Ironborn and CHEZ
I recommend going to R-Tech in Leicestershire. £250 for a stage 1 custom map, plus the bonus of getting your car on the rollin road there. You cant go wrong. Nick remapped mine to Stage 1 and im well happy.

A remap only changes boost levels???

Stroll on.........

A poor map will. A tried and tested map will alter far more and help ensure your engine doesn't throw a hissy fit

As amazing as it may seem to you, yes. Try it and see for yourself, 17psi will get you exactly the same as a 17psi chip tune. The map is not changed til stage 1+ (250hp) which is 19psi and a more aggressive tune.

As amazing as it may seem to you, yes. Try it and see for yourself, 17psi will get you exactly the same as a 17psi chip tune. The map is not changed til stage 1+ (250hp) which is 19psi and a more aggressive tune.

No thanks. I like my engine and its components in one piece.

If it was so easy and so safe, do you not think every man and his dog would be using this method??

Where is your proof that the engine map is not changed apart from boost??

I don't even know why you posted in here as you have a diesel...

It is easy, but not many men or dogs bother to look into it, just compare the maps for stage 1 and stage 1+.....

Also it seems a lot of people on this forum are armchair mechanics who take their car to a garage for new wiper blades.

I posted in here because I read topics and found your posts highly amusing

I'm asking you for proof. I don't need to compare maps

If you are so clever please share how I can achieve the same results with my diesel

Oh Artimus, people like you are what makes forums so tiresome, typical naysayer who gives his worldly opinion to anyone who will listen. If you are not interested in this thread why don't you go away?. My comment about magic beans was tongue in cheek, perhaps you need to untwist your knickers and have a cocoa to calm down. Personally I couldn't care less if people go to superchips, I only said it was easy to do yourself.
you being critical because somebody decides against your quack method is what's tiresome! You tried to Bully him into submission - and I'm sorry, but I despise Bullies.

If I wasn't interested I wouldn't have posted in the first place - I just didn't want to force my personal opinion on ENZO, so instead I offered guidance on the link in his post ...which happens to be the same route I've taken.

I'm not affiliated with any tuning company & I don't pretend to be a tuner either - some of us know our limits & mine go as far as tuning single bore carb engines. I'm not saying he'll get the most power or the best fuel economy, I'm just saying it's not a bad option! you're saying, any Tuning Co that charges more than £20 is a rip off.

Last edited:
Reactions: mister.c., CHEZ and sliced
I would also recommend r tech. There maps are fully custom and my mk5 was a animal to drive and at stage 2 was 283hp and 318ftbs. Still well with safe limits of the hardware. I'll be taking my s3 there for sure. Plus there prices are very reasonable my car was on the rollers for a good 4 hours until nick was happy then before I paid he got me to take the car out to make sure I was happy. Just my opinion.

Reactions: mister.c. and ENZO
I would also recommend r tech. There maps are fully custom and my mk5 was a animal to drive and at stage 2 was 283hp and 318ftbs. Still well with safe limits of the hardware. I'll be taking my s3 there for sure. Plus there prices are very reasonable my car was on the rollers for a good 4 hours until nick was happy then before I paid he got me to take the car out to make sure I was happy. Just my opinion.

thanks but rtech (leicester) is a little too far from where i live - around 120 mile

No worries I would still keep them in the running though if distance is the only thing stopping you I live in Surrey! Makes for a good drive home!

Reactions: mister.c. and ENZO
Trust me my friend I drove from south London (150 miles) to get there and it was worth it. I had the same experience as Conrad and it was great customer service. Before any work was done Nick performed a health check on my car underneath and all over, only problem found was a faulty pcv valve, once I agreed to have it replaced, he then proceeded to remap. He also pointed out a couple little things to sort out that I didn't even know about after being serviced by Audi. Also you have the added bonus of a long drive to get used to the extra smile factor.

Hah! £20! You fool for spending such hard earned wealth. I have developed a tried and tested, £3 method for increasing both accelaration performance and braking performance. This is based on my understanding of maps only increasing your throttle response to give perceived "what your **** tells you" performance increases.

My patent pending "BigFoot" mod will give you everything a stage 1 map will (and more or your money back) for £3.

CIhlJzw.png

Attachments

• brickfoot.jpg
    brickfoot.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 343
Reactions: Bulbul68, voorhees, CHEZ and 15 others
Mrs: "Why do you have a brick taped to your foot?"
Me: "it's a car thing"

Reactions: Artimus
Me: "Keep nagging me about the mods on my car and you will find out"

Reactions: mister.c. and CHEZ
Me: "New girlfriend, trying out a less restrictive model"*

* only jokin

To get this back on track, I have a superchips on my S3 and am very pleased. No problems with installation or running.
My son used a bluefin to remap his fwd TT 2.0l. I thought it was a great improvement but he took it off again for a refund within 7 days. Reason being it was too powerful and it kept spinning the front wheels in 3rd gear on damp roads - what a girlie!! I said leave your heavy right foot at home until the drier weather but he did not listen.
You may get better headline figures elsewhere but as I said earlier I am happy with the product.

Reactions: ENZO
To get this back on track, I have a superchips on my S3 and am very pleased. No problems with installation or running.
My son used a bluefin to remap his fwd TT 2.0l. I thought it was a great improvement but he took it off again for a refund within 7 days. Reason being it was too powerful and it kept spinning the front wheels in 3rd gear on damp roads - what a girlie!! I said leave your heavy right foot at home until the drier weather but he did not listen.
You may get better headline figures elsewhere but as I said earlier I am happy with the product.

i shouldnt have that problem with quattro
but still, i wouldnt return it for being "too powerful" :D

Hard to go wrong with superchips mate. They have been around for donkeys and have a good rep. I also recommend REVO, same storey with them. Lastly I would also advise ignoring Flexiblemouse, let him work away on his own home made solutions and pushy attitude.

Reactions: warren_S5, S3Alex and ENZO
OK I got the bluefin and backing up my original map now.

Is it meant to take a while? About 10 mins in and progress is at %50
Just want to get it right first time lol

Hard to go wrong with superchips mate. They have been around for donkeys and have a good rep. I also recommend REVO, same storey with them. Lastly I would also advise ignoring Flexiblemouse, let him work away on his own home made solutions and pushy attitude.

Likewise.

Stick with tuners with a proven record,such as Shark,APR,Revo,Superchips etc.

Mine has run Revo software from the beginning,and whilst they can be a bit less than forthcoming with developments,the base software is excellent,and supports anything from 310bhp to 500bhp+.

hope it went ok ENZO ?

not quite...
uploaded original map
downloaded new map on to device
plugged in car and get...."Error Reading PCM" Error code EOOO

after reading up it could be because i didnt have it in the slot properly so i will try again in morning when its light. But it could also be because i have the wrong map

anyone had this error? what else could it be

Hah! £20! You fool for spending such hard earned wealth. I have developed a tried and tested, £3 method for increasing both accelaration performance and braking performance. This is based on my understanding of maps only increasing your throttle response to give perceived "what your **** tells you" performance increases.

My patent pending "BigFoot" mod will give you everything a stage 1 map will (and more or your money back) for £3.

CIhlJzw.png

Beats any pedal box anyday.... Take this to Dragons Den... "I'm in!"

Reactions: wuta3
Mine went ok, though was bit nerve racking seeing all the warning lights flashing on and off, mine took about 5 mins to complete and got no errors, lets hope tomorrow brings a better result ENZO