Got my rs3 diffuser on

discostu49

Reaction score
Uploadfromtaptalk1393705571550Uploadfromtaptalk1393705585614

Reactions: Ironborn and P40 THN
That looks epic! The RS3 only fits the sport back doesn't it? :( ..

Reactions: discostu49
perfect whats the part nos and cost? easy to fit DIY

I just called the dealers £97 for the s3 lower spoiler and £194 for the rs3 diffuser £50 to spray the spoiler and I fitted it myself, easy to fit give me a shout if you get it and I will talk you through it

Nice. You planning to sort out that arch gap at the back??

Arch gap ? If your referring to the height I had just had it jacked up as had to take the wheels off so rear was a little higher for a bit but the cars on eibach pro springs however Im no happy with the look and want lower all round so will see how it looks after I put on 19"s

Reactions: s3_trev
Yes it was Perth Audi any dealer can supply tho, they call the s3 part lower spoiler I called it a valance and as for the rs3 part just give them a reg of a rs3 and there is only one diffuser which comes gloss black , I looked at replicas and moulds but the original Audi ones all the holes and clips are perfect was doubtful for copies

Do these take much to fit, I have a 2007 s-line sportback?

Do these take much to fit, I have a 2007 s-line sportback?

nah its pretty easy to do i just jacked it up and popped off the rear wheels took off the inner arch liner and had access to the screws that release the bottom lip there is only one screw each side that is a ****** to get to so had to pop the rear bumper a bit bit that just pulls away from the rear quarter panel, thought i was going to have to take the rear bumper off but didn't need to, i did it all by myself in an hour and i work in an office so that should explain the hardness level.

from that angle i would say that it would fit but would get a second opinion if i were u

Hi mate , referred to your thread and looking good :)

Just like your rear bumper , just to clarify , take of my rear splitter on current bumper and attach the diffuser and valance and no modifications required ?

Hi mate , referred to your thread and looking good :)

Just like your rear bumper , just to clarify , take of my rear splitter on current bumper and attach the diffuser and valance and no modifications required ?

Yup no mods needed, it clips off easy, I found it easier once I had uncliped the actual bumper from the rear arch I thought I'm going to need to remove the rear lights but didn't need to unclip the bumper that far up it's really just the sides at the rear arch, and as stated there's a screw each side behind the wheel liner that holds the spliter to the bumper it's a bummer to get to but with the arch unclipped you can slip your hand down to it, yiy can see it when you stick your head under the car but it's impossible to unscrew it from underneath as the screw faces down you will see what I mean

Yup no mods needed, it clips off easy, I found it easier once I had uncliped the actual bumper from the rear arch I thought I'm going to need to remove the rear lights but didn't need to unclip the bumper that far up it's really just the sides at the rear arch, and as stated there's a screw each side behind the wheel liner that holds the spliter to the bumper it's a bummer to get to but with the arch unclipped you can slip your hand down to it, yiy can see it when you stick your head under the car but it's impossible to unscrew it from underneath as the screw faces down you will see what I mean

Il give it ago if I'm there when he does it , but I think il leave it in body shops hand lol

In terms of the valance , you have the one with more fins , will this one fit too

Il give it ago if I'm there when he does it , but I think il leave it in body shops hand lol

In terms of the valance , you have the one with more fins , will this one fit too

Yes the one in this pic is the standard s3 one was made for the valance I have the rs3 one where u need to trim the valance but only parts that you can't see

Yes the one in this pic is the standard s3 one was made for the valance I have the rs3 one where u need to trim the valance but only parts that you can't see

Do you have the part number for the one in the pic ?

I've got :

8P4 807 434 G 1RR or 8P4 807 434 F � Valance
8P4 807 521 K � lower Outer Bit

I don't have the part Numbers to hand at the moment I'm afraid

No problem , il just call audi tomorrow and il order both the valances in as well as the diffuser , hopefully that should work
And take a pick

Thanks for your help mate :)

Just need to find a roof spoiler now and side skirts

That's not an S3 lower rear valance they have sold you mate it's an RS3 one.

The S3 lower valance section needs a lot cut away from it to allow the RS3 rear diffuser to fit properly, I know as I fitted one to my S3 Sportback.

I'm also almost certain the RS3 diffuser only fits a Sportback S3 rear lower valance (with the modification I mentioned above) or an RS3 valance like you have, but not sure either of these fit a 3 door, the bumpers are a different shape.

Could be wrong but would suggest 100% clarification for 3 door people before going shelling out £300 on bits.

7_zpsb871171e.jpg~original

The S3 lower valance section needs a lot cut away from it to allow the RS3 rear diffuser to fit properly, I know as I fitted one to my S3 Sportback.

I'm also almost certain the RS3 diffuser only fits a Sportback S3 rear lower valance (with the modification I mentioned above) or an RS3 valance like you have, but not sure either of these fit a 3 door, the bumpers are a different shape.

Could be wrong but would suggest 100% clarification for 3 door people before going shelling out £300 on bits.

There is only one valance I bought it and cut it and fitted it all myself without the use of a bodyshop was one long cut that was all just to remove the center section

That's exactly the rear valance and diffuser i want , is that trim (silver/white) standard or did you paint it ?

There is only one valance I bought it and cut it and fitted it all myself without the use of a bodyshop was one long cut that was all just to remove the center section

I'm about 99.897654% sure there's a proper RS3 lower valance that fits the RS3 rear diffuser properly without cutting, I'm sure I came across it in etka when I was looking before fitting mine.

I never realised you had cut yours, fair enough, easier off the car I bet :)

My strip is painted the proper matt alu paint the RS3 alu styling pack bits come in.

There's a proper RS3 lower valance that fits the RS3 rear diffuser properly without cutting mate.

I never realised you had cut yours, fair enough, easier off the car I bet :)

Don't think there is the I gave the dealer a rs3 reg and the valance associated to the rs3 is the same as the s3 they cut the rs3 valance at the factory, my mate had his off his rs3 when he damaged it and you can see it's roughly cut

Reactions: Muzza80