Westy's Tarmac Terrorist!

I've asked in another thread for some AIT figures from people with the S3 core but nobody has provided me any. If I can see some hard evidence I'd be persuaded to get one.

here's some info on the I/C's avail no figures but having owned an ED30 and fitted the S3 I/C its def worthwhile and I have bought another to go on my 8P. The orig poster on that post had one fitted and he had lower temps but I cant find his post about them.

More intercooler options for the 2.0T :) - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

found it, this was a MKII Leon Cupra
As a guideline, on mine, with stock code and no other mods, we saw inlet temps decrease from 30oC to 17oC with outside ambient temp of 13.5oC.

On a mapped car, we saw 20-25% drop in inlet temp with the S3 intercooler.

Reactions: Westy
Thanks for the info manor13. My main worry is the boost pressure difference between a 2.0 TFSI and a 2.0 TDI. When people start running 25+ PSI on their TFSI Is the S3 cooler still up to the job?

Thanks for the info manor13. My main worry is the boost pressure difference between a 2.0 TFSI and a 2.0 TDI. When people start running 25+ PSI on their TFSI Is the S3 cooler still up to the job?

i doubt it as that more then a stg 2+ i would assume on a k04 westy.. it think the Airflo and THS FMIC are good and i think Alex has also posted another one just forgot the name but its on his thread.

As you can see from my pics above there is a fair bit of oil in the boost hoses which will be sapping my power. Also the boost hoses are really soft so it all needs replacing. I'm sure with a clean FMIC and a catch can ill get most of my performance back.

aso just looked around was that intercooler run as a twintwecooler? aka aswell as the original like they advertise for the s3 and tfsi ?

Interesting. Been through his feedback to see if anyone has commented on this cooler but can't find anything. Looks the part but I'd prefer to hear experiences of it.

aso just looked around was that intercooler run as a twintwecooler? aka aswell as the original like they advertise for the s3 and tfsi ?

Do you know what, I was thinking this on my way into work this morning! I bet it was run as a twintercooler and that's why there was so much lag. It would also explain the small core :think:

I'd love to have a big cooler just behind the bumper by itself as that'll offer the best performance and cooling but If an S3 cooler upgrade keeps the temps down on a hybrid It definitely looks the easiest option, if a little expensive.

Big thanks to andyam for the grill. Plan is to plastidip the chrome gloss black.

null_zps389b50eb.jpg

No worries the conversion looks good!!!!

Thread revival of the worst thread ever ;) Not quite as good as my last thread that's for sure!

Anyway, not much to report. My gearbox gave up the ghost and gave me a nice big bill. I have now sourced a new bonnet to go with my face lift big grill bumper and the new boot lid. Just need to get it all painted and fitted ASAP then I'm done. Might get the wheels returned but that's about it.

Do it! Just make sure you budget for rear subframe work or get one that's already had the work done. I'm on the lookout for a B7 RS4 or E92 M3, it just has to be done!

BMW ? I never knew you liked them :blink:

A barge !? Your missus had quadruplets ?