1.4tsi cod vs 2.0tdi

markae

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

can you help? I am deliberating over which engine to choose here. I am ordering an A3 company car and I will be doing long commutes on busy motorways with an annual mileage of about £20K a year.

The thing is that my company car tax saving with the petrol is £720 a year. The cost of the engine on the car scheme is the same as the diesel. I am wondering whether it's worth going for the petrol given the tax saving and also petrol is increasingly less expensive than diesel. Also, it comes with a smoother 7spd dsg than the 6spd dsg with the diesel.

i am worried about mpg though. I had a 1.4tsi 122 for a while and it was about 39mpga average although a lovely smooth engine. Is the 140 version a good bit more economical?

Mark

I think the COD is a great engine but with 20k mileage I'd go for the diesel. Plenty powerful enough and better economy. If I was doing anything under 10-15k I'd get the cod

Hi kanecullen89,

Thanks for your reply. I have had a few tdi based cars and I am happy with the performance and economy but I fancied something a bit different and perhaps more sporty too. However, I think you could be right that for my mileage the diesel might be best. Only thing is that I reckoned it might only be £250 saving a year on fuel if petrol/diesel prices stay as they are and assuming petrol returns 45mog average and the diesel 53mpg!

Mark