Drivers door lock motor noise??

davesimmo

Reaction score
In the last couple of days when I unlock my car, the drivers door locking motor makes an awful grinding noise.
it doesn't do it when you lock it, just during the unlock.
Anyone else had this problem? Is it a serviceable part or do I need to replace it?
thanks

TBH mate if its what I think then better to replace the lock, could try removing & checking movements, but all the ones I've worked with just get replaced & the noise goes away then.

TBH mate if its what I think then better to replace the lock, could try removing & checking movements, but all the ones I've worked with just get replaced & the noise goes away then.

Yeah, that's what I thought might be the case.
Do you know what parts I need to order, I am quite handy with things like this, so I would prefer to gets the parts and do it myself, rather than get ripped off by the stealers.
Thanks Nigel

Have you got vcds?

Just the door lock mate, what's your vin, when I get 5 I can maybe check lock part no.

Have you got vcds?

Just the door lock mate, what's your vin, when I get 5 I can maybe check lock part no.
Thanks mate.
I will upload the VIN on here tomorrow, not got it handy at the moment, would appreciate that, if you get 5 mins. Not got VCDS either, thinking it could be a wise investment. :yum: