** Updated Price ** She's pregnant... S3 for sale :(

soo sorry for your bad luck.

Reactions: Graham89, dandav1985, Adam_A3_ and 1 other person
Do what I did..... buy a Sportback S3 lol

Reactions: GPH, warren_S5, pwilliamson1991 and 1 other person
VOLVOS?? Nooo.. :p

Congratulations mate! Get a s4. :p

haha, the reaction I expected to be fair...

Believe it or not, i've always fancied trying a Volvo, but was put off by their lack of style in the earlier days. Looking at them now though, they've come on a lot ! All in my opinion of course :laugh:

My daughter was 11yrs old before I bought my first 4dr car.

3 doors is absolutely fine.
The whole `compulsary` MPV/big 4dr car thing is a myth IMO when you only have 1 kid to contend with.

In fact I found it easier getting a sprog in and out of the back of a 3 door with the passenger seat folded forward than squeezing into the back of a 5dr from the side.

Having babies is expensive, so is changing cars so why have the cost of both if you dont need to?
Keep the S3 until the Mrs gets broody again.

You will be deprived of sleep and various other luxuries anyway so at least hang onto some sanity.

My 2p from personal experience....

Reactions: Compkiler, RedDejavu, Nilz and 3 others
Cheers for that Paul,

To be honest the main reason for the change is to recoup a bit of money from the Audi, which will come in handy, even if it is only a couple of grand.

The S3 is the most difficult car i've had for accessing the rear. Getting a baby seat in there would be a chore in itself, even with the front seats as far forward as possible. I don't know whether its to do with the chunky sports seats or what, but most people find it quite hard to squeeze themselves in and out.

Cheers stewpot :)

Avants... yeh, do quite like them actually. Will see whats about in my price range, which I havent quite decided yet.

It's recaros that make it hard to get in the back. I would be more than happy to help you and swap your seats with mine :laugh:

Yes the 3dr 8P A3 does not give much access to the rear with the seat folded down, making it almost impossible to put a newborn baby in a seat through the gap without tilting it around which is far from ideal. This happened once on the way back from the hospital and then I went and bought the Sportback!

Pregnant? Have you found out who the dad is?! : p

Reactions: maikysupra
Yeh, i'm now thinking Sportback, but would have to make do with the TDI.

17 years of driving and it will be my first diesel...

Cheers for that Paul,

To be honest the main reason for the change is to recoup a bit of money from the Audi, which will come in handy, even if it is only a couple of grand.

The S3 is the most difficult car i've had for accessing the rear. Getting a baby seat in there would be a chore in itself, even with the front seats as far forward as possible. I don't know whether its to do with the chunky sports seats or what, but most people find it quite hard to squeeze themselves in and out.

Ah, ok, buckets make rear access a lot more of an issue.

Good luck with everything though.:icon_thumright:

Reactions: cmgreen
Congrats... :haha:

Sorry for S3... but you could still PX for sportsback, right!? Anyway hope you get another Audi at least...

Congratulations mate and thanks for the thread.. Some of these comments have been highly entertaining

haha, glad its provided some light entertainment for you Jacko.

Thanks for the comments :)

Selling a bit cheap now eh!? .... £12.5k for that all day long... You should be in any rush to sell... You at least 7months

Cheers Jacko, my theory is that I should get a fair bit more for it now than in 6 months with a few more miles on it.

But to be fair you're probably right, starting to think i've been to hasty.

Don't need to sell the car, audi s3 is very spacious. When I had my first baby I had a celica Gt4 st205 and had no trouble even with a strut bar in the boot. When I had my second I had a Nissan skyline still all was good. Now I have the S3 and it's the most spacious car out of all of them lol :D

ben, see previous posts. The Recaro seats mean that access to the back seats is hard enough for an adult to clamber in to - let alone getting a newborn in there. So yes, it does have to go unfortunately.

I agree there is more than enough room in the back, its just getting the blighter in there that would be the issue.

Me and my missus expecting a baby soon too and we defo keeping our 3dr S3, I firstly thought I might be looking into selling it but after good look around We decided to keep the car as its such a good ride and not much could compare against it (especially in stage2+ form:gun2:). 3dr wont be much pain either just a little more hassle but hey who cares, let my missus to take the back seats worst case or just stay home and cook some dinner!:cool:

ben, see previous posts. The Recaro seats mean that access to the back seats is hard enough for an adult to clamber in to - let alone getting a newborn in there. So yes, it does have to go unfortunately.

I agree there is more than enough room in the back, its just getting the blighter in there that would be the issue.

If they are that much of an issue, i'll swap you mine haha... Although I have Black leather white alcantara inserts... Not the best seats for kids either :(

And I do think you are being mega hasty with the pricing.. Although it would be a good bargain for someone.... Just need to stop listening to the woman and listen to your heart... They hit out with that gumf often enough, so time for us to get our own back!! Haha