Can I set my car up to have daylight running ligths (drls) ?

Garfybeds

Reaction score
My 05 A3 has Xenons (not bi-Xenons) and automatic lights. Is there a setting that can be used to set up the sidelights, or the fog lights, to operate as drls ?

Also, I note that the automatic lights seem to come on when it is still quite light - is there a sensitivity adjustment available for this ?

Thanks in advance !

Yeah I think I remember seeing a setting in VCDS to have the foglights as DRLs.

Last edited:
Drls search http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/search.php?searchid=3431177

Yes
"236
You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves."

A lot of cars out there using fogs as drls now or same position you dim them to lower level and are perfectly legal as they are not fog lights
they won't be blinding as too dim plus fog lights are designed to be low and aimed to the sides of the road therefore wouldn't be blinding anyway

A lot of cars out there using fogs as drls now or same position you dim them to lower level and are perfectly legal as they are not fog lights
they won't be blinding as too dim plus fog lights are designed to be low and aimed to the sides of the road therefore wouldn't be blinding anyway
So what lights you going to be using in fog ?
Chances are it won't matter and DRL's save more accidents than fog delete but it was asked was it illegal and yes it is.

The fogs still operate as normal at full brightness
Front fogs are not check as part of MOT so having them as drl dimmed is ok but I do agree full on fogs WITH headlights is wrong