dancupra225

Reaction score
A3 8p 2003 Uploadfromtaptalk1393406042061

Here is my Audi a3 2003 on facelift
It's come with full heated seats
Rare?
Has a control box for rear passengers as well never seen it before

Yes they are rare! Not standard.
I'm not sure though that the rear bench is full heated. I think only the sides are. If the middle is also heated than is not factory fitted.

It's definitely on the options list, but not many tick it so it's relatively rare.

Why? Well my theory when I bought mine was this
- I'm alone in the car 80% of the time
- I'm with just me and my girlfriend another 10%
- So that's 90% of the time where I only want one or two heated seats. Ignoring the fact that you only use them half the year anyway
- The other 10% of the time I have people in the back of the car... but then the car gets warmer faster anyway and it's less of an issue.

So overall, it just wasn't worth the money for how much use I'd get out of it.

They're not that expensive, but unless you're absolutely maxing the spec out, I suspect there's always something else you'd tick first. Why spend 400 quid on heated rear seats which you'll only use for the first half an hour of your journeys, for 10% of half of the year, when you can get Cruise Control and upgrade your AC to Climate Control for the same money?

You do get the odd one or two where someone has maxed the spec, had them thrown in for free/cheap as a sweetener, or just decided they were worth the money for them.

I'm guessing the blue wheels weren't standard, though? ;)

Just the rear two are heated not middle I'll get pic up with the box that controls them

Yeah blue 3sdms are not stand ard

Uploadfromtaptalk1393522812648

Just done my carbon wrap centre consol just need new stickers for the heater controls now Uploadfromtaptalk1393522877693