tdi turbo problems

markh07

Reaction score
Hi all im new here, Im hopeing someone maybe able to help me I have a 2006 2.0 tdi, it kept going into limp mode so changed the MAP Sensor after someone reccomeneded it. However changing the map sensor has worked but has brought another problem, for some reason the turbo seems to kick in alot later that what it used to? When changing from say 4/5 and 5/6 I never used to have to wait for the turbo it was just always there, but now for some reason I have to wait untill it gets up to nearly 2500 revs, is it something to do with the MAP Sensor I fitted?

Thanks in advance Mark

Possibly, if it isn't the same one as previous (4Bar instead of 3 for example).

Did you have the fault codes read before changing the MAP sensor?

Hi there sorry for late reply couldn't get online, I didn't get the codes read before i changed it but since it has been changed i have had all codes reset and then reread these are the codes showing. How can i find out what MAP sensor was fitted before and what one i have fitted now?

Many Thanks Mark

The overboost code is usually stick vanes in the turbo. However with the other codes at the same time it may not be.

I'd get VCDS on it and take it for a run logging requested boost vs actual, and MAF readings. So you can see what the car thinks is happening. That should give us a better idea of what's going on.

ok Thanks ill look into getting it plugged in, do you think it could all be connected in some sorta way? could it just be a few faulty sensors?

As all the fault codes are air flow related I'd hazard a guess that one problem is causing all of them to be honest.

Yup, very well could be. Mark if you log what I said before then it'll highlight if the airflow meter is dud.

ok thats great thanks for your help ill post back the results of vcds

Ive done some other research about the fault codes and alot of people have been saying they found it to be a faulty earth connection on some of the sensors, so if that is the case could that cause these other faults is it worth me looking into the connections on the sensors first?