What bulbs to get? (bright white)

ENZO

Reaction score
Hi,
im wanting to upgrade the bulbs in my A3 - brightest possible that are legal and will pass MOT.
I see things such as HID kits, xenons but not sure about them.

Something like this? Philips Diamond Vision H7 (Twin) | PowerBulbs

the standard ones seem pretty weak
car is: A3 S line 2006

Thanks for any help

If you read the 'blurb' you will see they are not road legal !

However, they do make legal ones which are not bad. Also Osram Nightbreakers are quite good.

If you read the 'blurb' you will see they are not road legal !

However, they do make legal ones which are not bad. Also Osram Nightbreakers are quite good.

I've used Osram Nightbreakers on other cars and they are good but still disappointingly yellow and probably not quite the "bright white" that you seek.

I'm just going to leave this here because I was having a debate about new bulbs with a friend a few weeks ago and we were both tickled by their advertising for these:

OsramNIGHTBREAKER.jpg

I don't really see how they can be beaten after that.

Wonder how they advertise their replacement Osram Night Breaker Unlimited + 110% ?

I'm just going to leave this here because I was having a debate about new bulbs with a friend a few weeks ago and we were both tickled by their advertising for these:

OsramNIGHTBREAKER.jpg

I don't really see how they can be beaten after that.

Well, adverts never lie, do they!!!:whistle2:

They certainly are bright, especially 110%, but definitely not ice white as in the picture.

Thanks guys, so I'm guessing those osrams are my best legal choice
Though the reviews aren't too good.

I had M-tec Cosmos Blue (they are white bulbs not blue) in my old Polo GTI, and I think there the whitest legal bulbs you can get from the reseach I did when buying mine I can probably get a picture up when I get home

Reactions: ENZO
Another vote for Mtec bulbs, I have these in my wife's main beam with 55w HIDs in the dipped beam and they are a pretty good match and very bright for a filament type bulb.

Dave

Reactions: ENZO